No Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I recieved my '95 c1500 from my grandpa and I would like to be able to tow if I need to and I'm not sure how reliable towing from the bumper is so I would like to use a hitch. My grandpa's truck didn't come with a hitch, ball, or anything. I did see some wiring that looked like the trailer wiring harness but I'm not sure if it is though. What parts do I need to install a hitch and be ready to tow?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you live in any state that uses salt in the winter I wouldn't use the bumper hitch. buy a reciever hitch that bolts to the frame.

It also depends on what you will be towing IIRC the bumper is rated for 400lbs tounge weight and a reciever can vary with numbers higher

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know this post is a couple weeks old but reciver hitches are all over craigslist or at pull-a-parts. get one for a OBS and it should bolt right up, holes already there for it. And you can get a harness at walmart or bout any parts store for like $20, plug in and go.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
ok. thanks for the advise. the wiring harness was the only thing I was confused about

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have been turning to wal mart latley because of their cheaper prices. Will one of there Universal Class III hitches fit our trucks w/o drilling? Anyone have a walmart hitch? How reliable are they? (They are actually Reese just sold at walmart as I'm sure you know)

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah and they are a whole lot cheaper than curt mfg.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Resse makes a good product! I didn't even realize that walmart sold reciever hitches to be honest lol I'm not sure where you are from, but if you have a Fleet Farm or Runnings etc etc type of store in your area, they carry reciever hitches that are application specific and not universal. I personally don't care for universal products in general. Another option is checking out etrailer.com, I've heard that they have some pretty reasonable prices!

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Reese is a good product no doubt, the only thing i never liked about them at wal mart were they bolted together, where as the ones factory on these truck were welded and one piece. Ive seen em on Craigslist and junk yards before cheap. But kno tahoe and suburban hitches will not work on a truck, me and my cuz ran into that with his truck, it was a 95 also and the wiring was up in truck jus had to buy the plug to put in it.