No Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Reese is a good product no doubt, the only thing i never liked about them at wal mart were they bolted together, where as the ones factory on these truck were welded and one piece. Ive seen em on Craigslist and junk yards before cheap. But kno tahoe and suburban hitches will not work on a truck, me and my cuz ran into that with his truck, it was a 95 also and the wiring was up in truck jus had to buy the plug to put in it.
I didn't realize that they were bolted together. I'll look for something else.
Resse makes a good product! I didn't even realize that walmart sold reciever hitches to be honest lol I'm not sure where you are from, but if you have a Fleet Farm or Runnings etc etc type of store in your area, they carry reciever hitches that are application specific and not universal. I personally don't care for universal products in general. Another option is checking out etrailer.com, I've heard that they have some pretty reasonable prices!
Ok I will look.

Thanks for the help

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
heres a pic of mine, my truck didn't come with one, so my buddy gave me this one! its a Sure Pull. i like the way it looks!

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
heres a pic of mine, my truck didn't come with one, so my buddy gave me this one! its a Sure Pull. i like the way it looks!

Class III right?

edit: I searched Sure Pull on the web and I found nothing. Any help with where to find?

Last edited:

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i looked up my curt class 5 hitch on etrailer to make sure what i wanted then found it on amazon for $200 cheaper with free shipping. direct bolt on and very heavy duty, much beffier than my oem hitch was, complete with hardware.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
you can always get one from a junkyard.... as long as the truck wasnt wrecked in the rear it should be good besides some rust. just wire brush and paint it and save big!
any TRUCK 88-98 will fit! BUT TAHOE/SUBURBANS WILL NOT FIT direct bolt in! the frames are different between the truck and SUVs in the rear! i found that out the hard way pulling one from my local junkyard along time ago to only put it up to my truck where it wouldnt bolt in. :( atleast i returned it and got the right hitch.
and if the truck has a hitch go ahead and jack the taillight harness from the truck as well. it plugs directly into the taillight harness behind drivers side rear bumper. its just for lights but mostt towing its all ya need!
and if you want to wire in electric brakes check under hood right under brake booster for the blue and red or orange larger gauge wire... i think thats the colors for them. but if you dont see those 2 wires then youll have to run 2 new wires down the frame yourself.
very easy to install. jus tbe sure to get the square steel plates off the frame when ya buy a used hitch as well!
and if you ever sell the truck IMO its best to pull the hitch off before selling. trucks with no trailer hitches have usually never pulled trailers so of course the drivetrain is usually in better shape and seen far less strain on them. atleast thats how i see it. i got one on mine but i only do minor towing with my truckbut then again my trucks got 202K miles right now so im trying to be easy on it since i dont wanna buy a new trans.lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I havn't thought about a junkyard. I do have those two wires and I am fixing to by a towing harness with a 4 flat and a 7 blade.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
defiantly check out your local junkyards im sure they got serveral out there right now some real heavy duty ones too ;) ive bought a few heavy duty ones. they was rusted but hell with steel that thick it was no problem with a wire brush and rust converter spray paint and bed liner spray can cannt make look brand new ;)

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Now 454ss said something about a Class-5 hitch. I know those hang down more than a class III. How much drop do they have?