Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtyTshrt

Reaction score
Hello

I found y'all finally.

Back ground;
1998 OBS ECSB K 1500 Z71
14000 K miles original owner.

I am doing LBJ and Sway bar links.
I have the drivers side torn down and I am about to have to cut out the passenger side SBL because of the bolt angle.
I saw it in a YT video.

I thought this would be a good first post before I did it.

I am going to go inside and refresh my coffee,so if anyone has anything to in put before I do it thanks.

If not, I have cruised the site for a couple of hours and will continue to.
Great stuff in here.:cool:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Seems like it's easier to undo the bar brackets, install the links loose and then tighten up the bar bracket bolts. I ran for a year with no links due to my lift keys.

drtyTshrt

Reaction score
Seems like it's easier to undo the bar brackets, install the links loose and then tighten up the bar bracket bolts. I ran for a year with no links due to my lift keys.
:cool:I would like to know more about messing with the T bars. I am stock at the moment but want to get as high as possible with tires and the Tbars I just do not know anything about them.

Welcome to the site.
Doug
Do you have a Cepek lift you want to sell or know where one is?:beatdeadhorse5:

I am really having a hard time getting the LBJ to press in straight. should I keep torqueing and they will finally bottom out?
Should I press them out and start again?
I have them both started but took a break so I would not get frustrated.
Nothing is past the point of no return I am just not in a hurry.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Those sway bar links are my sworn enemy. So much so, that I just took my front sway out!

drtyTshrt

Reaction score
Welcome! Those sway bar links are my sworn enemy. So much so, that I just took my front sway out!

I checked out the superlift web site and The 4-6" lift seems to be pretty strong, and it's on sale. $996.00

Is this one compareable to the Cepek or Rough Country?

I see the 4" blocks in the rear instead of add a leaf.

Last edited:

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
I checked out the superlift web site and The 4-6" lift seems to be pretty strong, and it's on sale. $996.00

Is this one compareable to the Cepek or Rough Country
The Cepek is the God of IFS lifts for these trucks. Hard to compare anything to it. As far as Superlift vs Rough Country, I prefer Superlift. Less cutting and grinding for the install, separate drops for the LCAs and a beefier front skid plate. I am a bit biased, as I run a Superlift, but it's a great kit. Strength wise it's identical to the Rough Country. Both are awesome lifts. I prefer Superlift simply because everyone runs Rough Country!