New to the low crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddoggmike

Reaction score
I am looking to do a 4 link on my 1990 c1500 and wanted to know if a cnotch bolt on kit from beltech would provide enough clearance

Maddoggmike

Reaction score
Depends on how low you wanna go. Static? Maybe, & not good for much more than a 7" drop. Bagged? No.

Bagged no looking for maybe 5-6 drop just a little below the wheel line

You must be registered for see images attach

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you can tuck wheel static, you're pretty low, I got about 8inches in the back, and its about an inch and a half shy of the lip now on 20's.. I got the djm c notch, but I customized some nbs Silverado bump stops in place of the little red bs ones, I cut about 2 honey combs off of the bump stop, and bolted it in, when it sits on the ground I'm sitting about a paper width off the bump stops, but it saved me bottoming out nasty everytime I hit a bump... and get ready to notch the bed brace that runs long ways across the top of the pumpkin... i'll post pics of my bump stops and the bed brace tomorrow, if you need. I think about once a month that I need to put in a monster notch, but I like my bed. I don't remember where I seen it, but theres a c notch somewhere that actually is about an inch and a half bigger then the djm/beltechs and retains the bed floor. 5-6 inches you would be reasonably fine with their c notch, might still want to do the bigger bump stop... helps absorb some of the slam instead of just straight frame...

Maddoggmike

Reaction score
if you can tuck wheel static, you're pretty low, I got about 8inches in the back, and its about an inch and a half shy of the lip now on 20's.. I got the djm c notch, but I customized some nbs Silverado bump stops in place of the little red bs ones, I cut about 2 honey combs off of the bump stop, and bolted it in, when it sits on the ground I'm sitting about a paper width off the bump stops, but it saved me bottoming out nasty everytime I hit a bump... and get ready to notch the bed brace that runs long ways across the top of the pumpkin... i'll post pics of my bump stops and the bed brace tomorrow, if you need. I think about once a month that I need to put in a monster notch, but I like my bed. I don't remember where I seen it, but theres a c notch somewhere that actually is about an inch and a half bigger then the djm/beltechs and retains the bed floor. 5-6 inches you would be reasonably fine with their c notch, might still want to do the bigger bump stop... helps absorb some of the slam instead of just straight frame...

Yeah whatever you can provide would be great. I am not looking to lay frame just want a mean stance and be able to use a 4 link and drive once in a blue moon

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That'll give you an idea, it actually just sits on the new bump stop, and that gave me a much better ride, only other thing id suggest is air assist bags, if your not going to drive it much it'd probably do great for you, and I don't know how a 3" drop shackle pans out on a 6" flip kit but, that's what I have for drop in the back.. So you might have a little more to work with.. I know my roads so I avoid any just nasty road changes (more then about an inch incline) but I drive mine hard, consistently and I love it... I plan on 6 link with bags after a paint job or I'd get helper bags... If you want a more direct pic I'll get under it at work tomorrow when I'm not fresh out of the shower.. Just let me know