New to me 97 K3500 454 vortec dually!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm so excited to finally have a 1-ton dually, even more so that this thing has a 454 vortec in it too! Trans has had some work done and shifts HARD!

Now I just need a trailer to hook onto it, lol.

One picture of when I first picked it up then the rest after I was testing the 4wd, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm so excited to finally have a 1-ton dually, even more so that this thing has a 454 vortec in it too! Trans has had some work done and shifts HARD!

Now I just need a trailer to hook onto it, lol.

One picture of when I first picked it up then the rest after I was testing the 4wd, lol.

Awesome! Congratulations! I recall you were looking one of these. Looks clean! Well, until you got it muddy! LOL

What are you going to use it for? Any plans for mods?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I bought it mainly because I've always wanted a gooseneck flatbed trailer for an all-in-one package. Now that I have the truck I can finally start shopping around for a trailer!

As far as mods for the truck I'll keep it functional, probably add a trans temp gauge, extra lights, etc. And I'll probably touch up the body a bit and fix some of the small rust spots. Simple things though that I wont have to keep the truck down for too long when I'm working on it.

It already has a front and rear hitch, trailer brakes, 4-high headlight mod, shift kit, new AC system, hydro-boost brakes, and more. I just have to add a 5th wheel ball in the bed.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Had some time to give it some TLC this weekend, I was able to clay bar the drivers side and get most of the rust stains and old adhesive from decals off it. I rattle canned the pass side door to cover up some badly peeling paint from what looked like a cheap respray on a junkyard door.

Also, what are those hooks for on the last two pics?? They are on both sides. Are they for a camper or something?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The hooks in the cowl are Lance specific, they're to attach shocks from there to the front of a slide in camper. The ones in the bed are the front tie downs for a camper too.