New shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiby88

Reaction score
I am looking to get new shocks, I have a 1997 K1500 with a 6" suspension lift from superlift. What are y'alls thoughts on some new shocks?

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have run rancho RS5000's on most of my trucks, current truck has procomp ES9000's, duals up front and singles in the rear. Bilstein makes a great shock too. Buy a set that look good on your truck, the chances you'll overdrive your shocks on a daily driver are slim. Someone posted a link in another thread for Bilstein shocks, I was surprized that their prices were comparable to Ranchos.

If I were buying new shocks today they would be Bilsteins.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vote is for Bilstein. They made a world of difference on my burban.

shiby88

Reaction score
Sounds good, that was where I was heading. Thanks for the input!

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree w/ Bilstein's customer service. Shortly after I installed my HDs (long time ago) I had one fail. Called their CS. Their process was for me to order a new one, pay shipping, and send the broken one back. My $$ was quickly refunded (credited to my account) including all shipping costs, after they receive my busted shock.