New here and looking for help finding shocks!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Im new to this forum. I have a 98 GMC Serria 1500 with all the basics done to it. No lift kit just cranked the torsion keys to level it. Im in need of new shocks and have no clue which way to turn. I dont want to break the bank but I want a decent shock. With fall and winter coming i'll be off road about as much as on road due to harvest and hunting. I want something that can handle it all. Thanks for the help!

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
KYB Monomax.
Stiffens up the ride a lot. More control on or off road and when towing.
I love mine.

Satie Erik

Reaction score
Amy and James are the happiest couple I know. After years of living in over-priced, under-heated, bug-biting rentals, the pair, both in their early thirties, are about to move into a home of their own.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^Damn bots

Anyways. I ran RC shocks on my cherokee for a while. But after getting some bilsteins i wondered why i wasted my time with RC.

Reaction score
Just installed a set of Skyjacker M95s in my '98 and so far have been happy. Improved the ride and handling considerably. Also a little cheaper than Bilsteins.