New Headliner and Door Fabric

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97redz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my factory headliner since it is getting worse, along with the carpeted patterns on the door panels in my 97 Sierra. Can anyone give me a rough number on what this may run me?
Appreciate it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have a good upholstery shop do it, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $3-400. Basing that on the fact that I've been quoted $500 to redo just the headliner in my Suburban. It's a lot larger than yours, though.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just started redoing my door panels yesterday. First image is my terrible driver side and second is my passenger side I redid. Wrapped the insert with a vinal remnant I got from a local upholstery shop for $10. Was super easy just use some 3m spray adhesive and a blow dryer to help stretch it. I used the dupli color interior and vinal coating and followed sewlow's write up for prep. This is a super easy job and I'd say I had 98% perfection for my first time ever doing something like this. I highly recommend trying the doors yourself on a free afternoon if you wanna go with vinal.
You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
don't use 3M for the headliner. use Heads-up or something equivalent. i redid my headliner and it cost about 40.00. fabric from wal mart, about 6 yards. scrape/sand all the old foam off, don't need it. that's what deteriorates and makes it fall.
this is the fabric used:

what it looked like 7 years ago:

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my head liner and sun visors done on my 97 3 door EXT cab @ an auto upholstery shop, next to where I work. It was $170 for everything. He did my truck in about 1/2 day. I drove in in the morning, @ about 8:00 AM and he was finished at about 1:00 PM. As for my doors, they are good, so I did not need them done.

mikwallace

Reaction score
I took my headliner out and dropped it off at an auto upholstery shop. They ordered the headliner material and recovered the liner $160. The material was special order. If I'd used the original equipment material the price would have been less than $100.

Here's a pic:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not nto camo, but they did a good job, at a good price