New GMT400 owner - Central NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all. New guy here. Just picked up a 1995 GMC K1500 Z71 extended cab flairside. This is my 2nd GM vehicle, I also have a 2004 Trailblazer that I've lifted and put 33" MTs on. Custom bumpers and lots of other things done to it.

The TB was my daily until last year. Wife started driving it and I was driving a beater for the year. The last couple of months have not been kind to the TB. U Joint broke and the rear driveshaft fell out on the highway. It took out my transfer case housing in the process. I decided to use the down time to regear the diffs. I was running 3.42s and changed to 4.10s. Replaced the front differential entirely and had my rear diff regeared. Finally put it all back together and started breaking in the new ring and pinion, when another U joint breaks and the driveshaft falls out AGAIN! This time, though, it did not take out my TC.

I decided to keep the TB, for now. But I needed something else to drive, wife said, get a TRUCK truck. So started searching craigslist and found my new addition. 197k miles on the 5.7 V8, freshly rebuilt transmission, exterior in pretty decent shape for a NJ truck that is 20 years old. Just the typical rust on the cab corners. Truck runs and drives like a dream, aside from a slight wobble in the steering, which I believe is either pitman, idler, or tie rod ends. I plan on just replacing all of them and then getting an alignment.

I also plan on mounting a plow to the truck, figure I've got a great work truck in my hands, why not use it.

Now for some pics!

You must be registered for see images attach

And here is the 2004 Trailblazer...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome board! Nice truck besides the rust. I think your TB was mentioned in the chat thread.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck has potential!

Anymore pictures of the TB? That is exactly how I want my TB to look like someday.

And :welcome: from So. IL!!