New front end for Z Long Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be coming together this week.
Everything is MOOG where possible.
Will be installing the following:

Redhead steering box
Addco sway bar, bushings and end links
OEM blasted and powdercoated A arms and steering knuckles
upper and lower control arm bushings
upper and lower ball joints
inner and outer tie rod ends and sleeves
center link
wheel bearings and hub assemblies
wheel alignment kit
CV shafts
pitman arm
idler arms
idler arm bracket assembly

Already have the SSBC duel piston brakes calipers and slotted rotors installed
SS brake lines from inline tube already installed...

Anything else I need to consider while in there?
Recommendations on front shocks?
I think I may skip the rear shocks for now since I have Air Lift air bags on the rear..

I'm trying to get everything updated before I need a new engine. She's only got 327,000 miles, so I have plenty of time...

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with Moog (rubber) The originals lasted 300,000+ miles plus I didn't want to take a chance for any squeaks.
Looks like Timken can only be purchased online. I can't find a store that sells them anywhere.
I've already got the Moog brand (Korea) so I guess I'm kind of stuck.
Are the Timken hub assemblies made in USA?
Thanks for the suggestion on the shocks..

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yaaa those bilstein adjustable shocks would be sick!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just finishing up going through this entire process on the front of my truck, too. The only thing I didn't change were the CV shafts and hubs. I can't believe the difference it made in the handling and ride! I had no idea how sloppy things were getting. I hope yours turns out great too, I also went with all Moog. A tad pricey but so worth it.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I know Timken went to china. I don't know if they still make any here or brought any production back. Hollowed out their brand in my mind. Now I'll always doubt their commitment to a quality product. I know if they went to china, they care about profit more than American workers or quality. My 2 cents.

They used to be top notch.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, that makes me fell "a little" better about the Moog hubs being made in Korea. Not really, but I won't waste any time looking for the Timken.
Remember when all the Japanese cars/electronics were crap? People kept funding their research by buying their throw away crap.
Now we are doing the same thing with Chinese parts.:flipthebird:
If they start making the Cherry automobile in the states, will people support them like they do Honda and Toyota? "Yeah but they're made USA"