New family member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuzzypuppy

Reaction score
Well saw it in craigslist and it called to me.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bought a 73 3/4 ton 8 lug camper special Chevy truck yesterday.
Feels like I have something half special.
It's a Ca truck so rust is minimal and usual but the engine is worked.
A 400 trans thats in great shape.
But aside from neglect it's not too bad and best of all "smog exempt" here in Ca. And actually I was looking for this yr and style truck when I bought my 91, 21 yrs ago.
Not that I wish to run a dirty truck but Ca is much too hard on vehicle engine laws. guarantee mine will run cleaner than many of the VW's out there at the pipe.
Well here it is.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started in the auto body business in 1974 at a GMC dealership, then the Chevy dealer till 84. I worked on a lot of those trucks when they were new. They are getting rare in New England.

fuzzypuppy

Reaction score
Getting pretty rare on the west coast too Bob, guess that's why I went for it.
Just hope it wasn't a mistake, though it was inexpensive it could be an expensive lesson. A little buyers remorse on the next day, lol.

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reminds me of the one that my grandpa had that i've heard stories about.

Nice truck for the age though!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are simple to repair and the aftermarket reproduces about anything needed. I was never impressed with build quality or fit and finish but that can be corrected with patience.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started in the auto body business in 1974 at a GMC dealership, then the Chevy dealer till 84. I worked on a lot of those trucks when they were new. They are getting rare in New England.

yes they are & most people want stupid money for rot boxes

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm partial to the post- '82 headlights myself but I pretty much like all the square bodies. 2wd and 350 means it will be pretty easy to wrench on which is a good thing because you will be wrenching on it plenty until you get the bugs worked out. The THM400 is always a safe bet.