New carpet options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting there new carpet from these days? I've seen a couple sellers on eBay but they have a bunch of different colors and not sure what I want yet. If anyone has some pics of gray or black new carpet feel free to post them up along with the details of what color and where you got it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
ACC. 'Auto Craft Carpets'. A manufacturer. They fit the best. And I've tried most others. Only ones I'll sell.
Lots of different distributors. Shop around for the best price.
IIRC they have 2 colors of grey. One that close to the factory plastics & vinyl, & one that's getting close to black. Charcoal?
Sorry no specific color pics.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock auto sells the acc line. Doubt you'll find a better price. Don't forget the 5% off code if you order from them

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
ACC. 'Auto Craft Carpets'. A manufacturer. They fit the best. And I've tried most others. Only ones I'll sell.
Lots of different distributors. Shop around for the best price.
IIRC they have 2 colors of grey. One that close to the factory plastics & vinyl, & one that's getting close to black. Charcoal?
Sorry no specific color pics.
I had pretty good luck with ACC forever ago, like... 2001? Bought a black carpet for my '92 ext cab; it has lived on and is currently in my '94 ext cab, still looks great. It came cut a tiny bit short on the sides so I see a very small sliver of the floor by the driver's side kick panel. Not very happy with that but it's minor.

Every time I've mentioned ACC in the past, everyone piles on with the "cut too short" as if theirs looked like highwater jeans or something. I dunno.

Richard

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had pretty good luck with ACC forever ago, like... 2001? Bought a black carpet for my '92 ext cab; it has lived on and is currently in my '94 ext cab, still looks great. It came cut a tiny bit short on the sides so I see a very small sliver of the floor by the driver's side kick panel. Not very happy with that but it's minor.

Every time I've mentioned ACC in the past, everyone piles on with the "cut too short" as if theirs looked like highwater jeans or something. I dunno.

Richard
This would definitely be no bueno for me. I need it to cover 2.5" step from my body drop. So if it was a little short in a regular truck it would be real short in mine. I might call stockinteriors and see if theirs is cut a little long. I would hate to order new carpet and be in the same position I'm in now. My carpet now isn't in terrible shape... it's just too short now.

I actually ordered a few samples from stockinteriors.com a few days ago.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You might be better off with a custom cut-&-sewn set. Probably the only way to get an exact fit for such a modded floor.
New underlay, the custom made carpets, including a new heel pad, installed, would run you about $400.00/$450.00 in my shop. That includes the materials. Take me around 4-5 hours to do. Shop rate is $50.00/hr. The materials are in the $200.00 range for in-stock colors.
If something like German Square Weave carpet was spec'd, better sit down, 'cause that material runs into the $150.00+/yd. range.
You'll need about 4.5-5 yards of carpet, & 4 yards of underlay, just for the floor. Add another 2.5 yards of carpet to do the back wall, plus the additional time involved with that.
But as these are made specifically for the vehicle, I'd need it at the shop, so, I just couldn't do them for you! Much as I'd like to.
Check with your local upholstery guys. At least now you have an idea of what to expect when getting this done.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Many guys have done it I just need to find out who sells their carpet a little big....azdraggins truck had carpet from acc and he said it was way too big. I'm just going to call around and find out for sure before I order. I may even throw the stock carpet back in again and measure exactly how short it is and go from there. I'm just going for a stock clean interior so I can't see spending $400 on carpet.

Here's the "step" I'm needing to cover. Even if the carpet is just stretched tight at an angle I'll be fine with that.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: