New addition!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
1999 Yukon SLE 2WD. 194K. Clean and straight. I bought it with the intention to fix and flip, but I like it too much. Factory rear entertainment system. Has a flip out screen up front, and he threw in the factory wheels/tires (going on tomorrow to sell these ugly 20s), an extra brand new head unit, two 12" subs in individual boxes with individual canister amps (haven't looked at names or outputs on them yet, they're under the factory rims in the back), and a brand new bottle jack to replace the factory one he broke. Only problem is blown head gasket, truck still runs and drove onto the trailer. Took her home for $1000. I can probably make most of that back selling the rims and running boards. I'm considering doing a GMT400.com build where I take suggestions from ya'll on what to do, nothing too crazy, just something to make look nice and drive everyday while I get Red rebuilt.
You must be registered for see images attach

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Here's my plan so far (after it's running, of course) -
Remove running boards
Remove roof rack
Drop (don't know how far yet)
Custom wheels (obviously)
Remove trim
Color match rear panels above taillights
Smoothie bumper
Rollpan

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice truck for that price. Shouldn't bee to bad to fix if the heads are still good.

No 454 swap for this one? :D

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
It pays to have patience. I've been looking for a couple weeks (ever since the wreck). He was asking $2000, but this was one of those "the wife says it's gotta go no matter what or else", so he took the first offer he got. Maybe that's why I no longer have a wife...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Wow, nice truck for that price. Shouldn't bee to bad to fix if the heads are still good.

No 454 swap for this one? :D

Oh believe me, it has crossed my mind. But I think I'd rather like to see what I can squeeze out of the L31. I see a Stealth Ram and LT4 hotcam in the near future...

There's a '98 3/4 ton at the yard with the full drivetrain still in it, and its only got 80K on the odo, I'm thinking that 4L80E would be a very nice addition.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also make a vortec base for a Camaro tpi manifold. You could run that an probably come out cheaper maybe? I got my tpi setup for $100.

Putting it in the 98 has crossed my mind but it's going in the 78 an I'm going to run it with a 411 an vortec sensors/wiring...