need tire size help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i am about to order my tires/wheels, and my lift kit. I am ordering the Zone 6" Suspension Lift & Zone 3" Body Lift, I want to run 22"x14" Wheels with -76mm offset. I am planning on 37x13.5x22 tires. First off, is this possible, second, if it is, can it be done without trimming anything?

98-chevy 1500- RCSB v8 5 speed 4x4

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I would not run a tire that is skinnier than the wheels. Why a 14" wide wheel anyway? I wouldn't run less than 15.5" wide tire on that.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i am about to order my tires/wheels, and my lift kit. I am ordering the Zone 6" Suspension Lift & Zone 3" Body Lift, I want to run 22"x14" Wheels with -76mm offset. I am planning on 37x13.5x22 tires. First off, is this possible, second, if it is, can it be done without trimming anything?

98-chevy 1500- RCSB v8 5 speed 4x4

I would reconsider Zone, I've heard a few bad things about the quality of their products, I would stick with a Performance Accessories Body lift and go with a Rough Country 6" suspension lift. I would also not run a wider rim than the tire, not only is that dangerous, it looks stupid, but thats just my opinion. I would also think that wide of a rim and low of an offset will cause some rubbing issues, so you may want to spend a little more money and get a lift thats a full 6" drop so it can be cranked a little more. BDS is probably your best bet...

Reaction score
I like the look of a slightly stretched tire and I want the deepest wheel available. Something about the look of an OBS with 10" of wheel and tire on the outside of the body that makes it look badass to me.

Reaction score
I have only heard good things about Zones Suspension lifts and owned a Zone body lift that was great. I have seen 2 RCX lifts on OBS trucks that were owned by friends of mine and they both hated them. they squeeked and bound up and weren't full 6" drops.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I like the look of a slightly stretched tire and I want the deepest wheel available. Something about the look of an OBS with 10" of wheel and tire on the outside of the body that makes it look badass to me.

What do you mean by slightly stretched? You realize the tread will be skinnier than the width of the wheel? The tire will be trying to pull itself off the bead as soon as they are mounted to the wheels.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
What do you mean by slightly stretched? You realize the tread will be skinnier than the width of the wheel? The tire will be trying to pull itself off the bead as soon as they are mounted to the wheels.

i believe this is the look he's going for…

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
The toyota is a little extreme on the tire stretch.

Here is a shot of the exact wheel and tire setup. same brands, same size, same offset. only difference is, it's mounted on a ford.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Here's what I'm after