Need tips and tricks for putting bed back on truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
nut up chief lol. other than that 3 guy's should be able to do it, it's not going to be easy or fun but instead of ******* around with a hoist and **** just do it. 2 of us did mine but it's a short bed, so thats not gonna help.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
I used the rafters in my garage and a hoist I got from Tractor Supply for 12 bucks..it took longer to get the bolts out than it did to remove it. Good luck.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I got a couple guys and we nutted up and got her on there. The bed bolts are being real stubborn going back in though they will screw in a couple turns and get real hard to turn almost like they are cross threading. Decided to call it a night and finish up tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Probably buy a tap and run it through to clean out the threads.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
thata boy. i had the same problem with the bolts i just cleaned everything up and tested my luck and it worked for the best.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
same here, i got a new bolt and checked it in all the holes, worked perfectly, I used some penetrateing oil on the bolt and in the hole and it helped to clean them out good. Then I just shot each bolt with some before I put them back in the truck. I put all mine back in with a 1/2 ratchet no problems.

Mine had 3 of the 4 bolts on the driver's side broke, well I broke the third one, in back.