need some help finding tranny info and parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think its time to rebuild my transmission. Id like to build it enough to eventually hold the power added by a whipple supercharger. Ive heard Alto clutches is the way to go but thought you guys would know whats best. It will be mainly just a toy not really daily driven. Ill mainly just cruise in it and take it to the sand dunes. I really like firm crisp shifts lol i just wanted to know where the best place to get parts from is and what to get. and also what stall converter to run. Thanks!

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me.....I would buy a Precision overhaul kit, Z-pack for the 3/4 clutches, Alto Red clutches, Black Kolene steels, Wide Kevlar Band, NEW Rev input drum, Transgo Blue Box shift kit, 3- Sonnex pin-less accumulators, Molded Piston Kit, 29 Element Foward Sprag, Solenoid Kit, Superior Billet Super Servo 2/4, Superior Billet Super Servo Overdrive. Probably a 2000 stall converter will be fine.

Pitbull2o08

Reaction score
If it were me.....I would buy a Precision overhaul kit, Z-pack for the 3/4 clutches, Alto Red clutches, Black Kolene steels, Wide Kevlar Band, NEW Rev input drum, Transgo Blue Box shift kit, 3- Sonnex pin-less accumulators, Molded Piston Kit, 29 Element Foward Sprag, Solenoid Kit, Superior Billet Super Servo 2/4, Superior Billet Super Servo Overdrive. Probably a 2000 stall converter will be fine.

Rhino, do you sell all these? I'm looking to redo my tranny too and would like to buy something from someone on here with competitive prices. I heard you sell parts

98chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rhino, if you sell the parts as the previous poster mentioned I would also like to buy the parts from someone on here. If you could PM me a price of everthing you listed out, Id appreciate it. Thanks!