Need ideas on filling tailgate emblem holes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I am about to remove these big ol ugly GMC letters off of my tailgate.....
You must be registered for see images attach

What do y'all suggest I should do to fill the 5 holes that will be left behind. I'm looking for something easy, that will have a good result and not turn to crap later

P.S... don't laugh at my ugly aftermarket bumper, its gone as soon as I find a chrome OE bumper...lol!

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
body filler might work good cause water won't sit on it and break it up. or you could make some small patch panels and weld them in. those are my best ideas that would keep looking like the rest of the truck

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Id like to stay away from welding cause I'm not that good at it. I'm leaning towards body filler and I've found a few techniques that sound good. Its not a show truck by any means, but I want the repair to be permenent. What body filler would you recommend?

98crewcab

Reaction score
I know....old thread, but I have found that jbweld and a washer on the inside of the panel seals it up nice. then some body filler

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i use epoxy for all my body filling. It works like a champ. You can use the crap epoxy found at any walmart though. Im tryig to think of the stuff I use but the name is escaping me right now

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there shouldnt be holes those are on there with 3m body molding tape

thats what I thought. if you have a small hole like that use jbweld. put a piece of tape on the back, put just a dab of jb on, sand it smooth. chances are it will run a little and leave a pocket on the top side of the hole (unless your on a horizontal surface) fill that again with jb, sand it again and your good to go, bondo will crack over time and then youll have to fix it right so mind as well do it right the first time