Need help with my exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will get a little louder. Id leave it man, you'll grow to like it. Believe me loud exhaust can get annoying after a while..

What cats did you get ?

take a video if you can

i found this, pretty much exactly what you got i think, is it like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO55PrQgBNU

Last edited:

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ts96 I will try and get a video later. I didn't end up changing the cats yet. That video is the same as my setup except I think his may be the 18" instead of the 22" like mine. I think I will order the hiflow cats and install them. That should make it a little louder right?

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes if you want to maintain the stock pipes.

I just ordered 2.5" ones and they put a **** ton of weld on the inlet and then did 2.5" pipe from the outlet of the cats. So I have 2.5" piping from the outlets of the cats all the way back. I was just trying to get rid of some of that small piping.

Its not a big deal just get the stock sizing if you want. They had to slightly pinch one of the 2.5" pipes to clear a crossmember. And they have to weld new bungs for the rear o2's if you go with new 2.5" pipe.

these are the ones i got
http://performance-curve.com/thunderbolt-spincat.aspx

Last edited:

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Give it awhile. It will get louder. Mine was kinda quiet when I first got it installed. Now its majorly loud and sets off car alarms constantly. It is about 9 months old right now

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope mine gets louder.... im starting to hate how quiet it is. i do have a sound clip if you want it.