Need help running wires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a few ways I have removed them before

1) If there is any type of head left I use my cordless impact, the hammering sometimes breaks them loose.
2) I have a Matco impact screwdriver, you put as much down pressure as you can on it and while twisting the way you want the screw to go hit it with a hammer a few times and it may break them few.
3) And the last resort for those stubborn son of a bitches is an easy out-one of the best sets of tools I have ever purchased.

After removing my factory srews i went to the local hardware store and picked up new screws of the same diameter and length but i got the in stainless steel with a 1/4" nut driver head instead of phillips.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
hmmmm i own #1 but didn't think about it. i tried #2 to no avail. and i think #3 is going to be my next best thing. i just wish they had clips like the nbs trucks. i wired my 01 from deck to amp to cap in under 2 hours.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my s10 sills were snapped in with clips..i miss that. mine are just stripped on top so their completely flush. looks kinda like a nail on top. so messed up

Reaction score
I picked up a real nice easy out set from Sears. It is a 3 piece set that was $25 on sale for $9.99, great buy and I use them all the time at work-about due for another set. Lasted me about 3 years with more use than most sets see in a lifetime.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
got everything running. ended up getting some vice-grips on the screw from underneath and got enough bite to break them free. stereo is almost done now, new deck and 6.5's will be in later this week hopefully. sound good for now though.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good posts guys, I always wire brushed mine off from underneath and sprayed them with penetrating oil from the bottom and top, and tried to clean the head of it off up top, then get a good fitting screwdriver in them to remove em. I got an impact screwdriver, it holds bits and you set it in the screw and slam it with a hammer, it works good too. I ran my amp wire thru the same way though, came in the antenna grommet thru the firewall down under the catch tank, then over across the bottom of the dash down the kick panel, thru the channel in the sill plate, well under it, then out under the rear panel cover that covers the pillar and rear 4x6, under the seat to the amp. My ground goes right to the seat bracket.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm glad to hear you've had progress - I certainly haven't, But that's also due to time restraints. I've been filled with work and finals, so theres been little time for the truck. What I plan on doing tomorrow is just getting the dremel out and shave a bit of each side of my seat belt bolt off so i can fit a wrench on there and force her out :) .. what kind of system you running?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what kind am I running? some cheap boxx 4x6's front and rear to a cheap dual cd player with aux. input for my mp3 player, running the 4x6's off the HU only and then a kicker 400.1 class d mono block amp for my subs, which are kick compvr's dual voice core 2 ohms. I got em in a sealed box that fits behind the seat in my reg. cab

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i'm just running a 12" bassworx sub and box combo(soon to be ditched for a pioneer shallow mount). kenwood deck, pioneer 6.5's, and a 600watt JBL amp which is only running the sub. defenitly not a heart stopping show winning system, i just wanted something with a little more depth to it. hell i listen to country music most of the time, it's just fun being able to rattle some brain cells every now and again.