Need help running wires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
so i'm in the process of installing a new system. but i can't get the screws out of the kick panel on the drivers side to run my RCA's . living up here sucks when it comes to working on anything do to rust, so does anyone have any other suggestions? i thought about fishing them under the carpet, but i don't think that will work nor does it seem to be the best idea anyway. thanks alot for any help guy's.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your best bet would be to try and get thouse screws out. Another way you could run them in on the passager side and then run the power cable from the battery along the frame then up through a gromit through the floor

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
hmmm never thought of running the power wire like that. and i know where there is the perfect hole to come up through.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just make sure you have a fuse near the battery and you a wire grommet when going through the floor

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
yah i already have the power wire run, i have it running through a gromet on the firewall just below the coolant resivoir(sp). comes in just below the blower under the glove box. then it runs under the kick panel and comes out by the 4x6's.now i'm just waitng on the deck to come in. hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow morning i can get at it. i'm getting kind of antsy over here.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny you were complaining about the screws in the kickpanel, I was doing the same about twelve hours ago. Up here in saskatchewan the screws are all f'ed up from the elements. took a half hour to get them out yesterday, should of taken thirty seconds. and then theres the seat belt bolt, that's another story!

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
Funny you were complaining about the screws in the kickpanel, I was doing the same about twelve hours ago. Up here in saskatchewan the screws are all f'ed up from the elements. took a half hour to get them out yesterday, should of taken thirty seconds. and then theres the seat belt bolt, that's another story!

yah i have no idea what to do with them, i was lucky on the seat belt ones i was able to pry the panel just enought to squeeze underneath. i'm thinking of just drilling the head of those screws off and popping the panel up then seeing what i can do with the remander. might go spray the under side with some penetrating oil and let them sit over night.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I'm assuming you guys are referring to the sill plate. Since the screws for them go right through the floor pan, and the ends are exposed to the outside elements. What I have done (from underneath the truck) is cut the exposed tip of the screw off, then knock the screw upward with a small drift punch. That usually knocks the screw completely out, or up enough that you can turn the heads with vise grips. Then I replace the screws with stainless steel ones.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
yah sorry sill plate. couldn't think of the name at the time, that also sounds lik an awesome idea. thanks alot man. keep em coming gentleman.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome BHB, mine are stripped out and i was able to snake some wire under sill without getting screws out, but that seems like it could work. mine are all stripped in. the heads for the screwdriver are all smooth, thats how stripped mine are