98 Suburban Driver Side Sunvisor: attaching wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My Sub didn't have a driver side sunvisor but i found one on Ebay (which was a little disapointing when I got it but in any case), and I'm trying to install it; I don't HAVE to have the mirror light up but it'd be nice, so wanted to see what folks suggest.

I don't know if I should cut the wires that are coming out from the trick and then attach to the ones on the visor or if instead the two coupler things should connect some how? Any notes would be a big help!

THANK YOU

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The connector on the donor visor splits, there is a lock on the side. It should just plug in. Only 2 wires there, power and ground. If the plugs do not fit just hard wire it.

Reaction score
That worked all set, although alas the lights on the mirrort did not, which I am guessing might not be something at issue with the installation-Thanks again for the fast help

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Some of the lighted mirror visors have one wire, and the ground is done with one of the screws that mounts them to the truck. The other style (possibly the later style interior?) has two wires, power and ground. Why GM couldn't have put a proper sliding switch on these is beyond my understanding. I know we've had vehicles with lighted mirror visors that had a switch, and I thought they were other GMs.
Must've been on my mopars.....