Need grill help ASAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Going in the morning to get a 94+ chevy or gmc grill, undecided on that one yet...

What tools do I need to remove the grill? It's a big hike into the yard to get to the gmt's.
I always take a basic selection of tools... mixed sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers and wrenches. Pliers and wire cutters. Does anyone know spacifically what tools I will need are? I need to make sure I'm taking what I need. What size sockets is most important.

I'm swapping to a 94+ grill and keeping my quad beams.

Besides the grill shell, corners and signals, what else do I need to get?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think the filler changed but I forget what years it was.

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i believe all i used was a ratchet, short extension, one socket, (i think a 7 or 8mm maybe?) and a phillips head screwdriver

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I don't have a filler to begin with, wouldn't care to have one. If not, I won't loose no sleep though. Thanks for the heads up though :cheers:

And that's all it is on my 89 grill, thanks :handshake: still need to throw a hand full more of sockets in my box to make sure. I may find some more cheap goodies ;)

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I don't have a filler to begin with, wouldn't care to have one. If not, I won't loose no sleep though. Thanks for the heads up though :cheers:

And that's all it is on my 89 grill, thanks :handshake: still need to throw a hand full more of sockets in my box to make sure. I may find some more cheap goodies ;)

buy me stuff :rofl:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
7 mm socket, Phillips #2 for the turn signals and a flat blade screwdriver or trim removal tool to pop a couple tabs at the bottom where it attaches to the bumper filler piece.

At least thats what it is on my 98.

Some turn signals had torx screws iirc.

Be very gentle with cold plastic pieces.....ker-snap!

:(