NBS lift blocks on an OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rough country 6" lift kits for the 99-06 trucks have 6" rear blocks that are angled to reduce axle wrap.. I wish the OBS kits had this option but they only come with the 4" block and add-a-leaf.. My question is will the NBS anti-wrap blocks work on an OBS? Would rough country throw those in for the rear lift instead of the ones that are supposed to be in the kit if I asked them to? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why the heck would you want 6 inch blocks???? The only reason the nbs kit comes with those is because they come stock with a block in the rear. An AAL is a much better way to lift.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To compensate for axle wrap.. I really don't want to go through another differential and you get a stiffer ride with AAL's and why would I want that? How is it better?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lift blocks are what cause axle wrap. Blocks are the worst way to lift a truck. Cheapest yes. But there's a reason for that

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I dunno how it is today ... But when I was younger blocks can be a bad thing ... things have changed since the 80' and 90's but a 6inch block seems like a bad thing still today