Name that Bolt!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.. I bought a 98 K2500 short bed today and im stoked about it. Owner says the tranny blew and didnt want to pay to fix it. He took the tranny out and both driveshafts along with the transfer case. The nhe just threw all the bolts in a bag. Now I have done oil changes and flush the radiater along with changing a few filters here and there, So I have no idea where these bolts go or even if I have them all. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S I also found a couple right next to the latch of the hood when I opened it after he dropped the truck over at my place. Help with those would be appreciated too :)

You must be registered for see images attach

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
#6 flex plate maybe
#11 oil cooler line(engine end) or aux. tranny cooler(cooler end)
last pic:battery cable at battery
#10 trans mounting bolts maybe
#9 upper intake plenum mounting bolts(if they're 10mm)

my best guesses :)

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck!!

#5- transmission crossmember bolts

#9- first looked like transmission to engine block bolts. Maybe manifold to y pipe bolts?

Bolts in hand- battery terminals

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
#9 is almost definitely tranny housing to block bolts. #1 would likely be the nuts for them.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
5 hold the transmission crossmember to the frame, spacers and nuts on top. 6 look like flywheel bolts. 9 are bellhousing bolts. 7 hold the trans mount to the trans. 2 and 4 hold the trans mount studs to the crossmember. 8 are for the transfer case adapter. 11 look like clips for trans cooler lines. 1 are exhaust stud nuts, if they are, get new ones. Not sure on 3 or 10. The shiny bolts in your hand remind me of the transfer case skid bolts on my truck. Last one goes on the battery cable. No clue on the rest.