4L80E Transmission Mount Bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thestig34

Reaction score
I have a 93 k2500 7.4 suburban with the 4l80e. I had been having a horrible rattle and shake, I went under the truck today to coat the frame before winter and saw that my transmission mount was missing one bolt and the remaining bolt was hanging on by a thread. Long story to ask if anyone knows what size bolt I need and if there is a torque spec I should shoot for when putting them back on?

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you're talking about where the mount bolts to the transmission, or transfer case adapter. Those are metric. I don't know the size. Either 10 or 12. Hope someone here knows the actual specs. Anyway, I've had them back out on me 1 time. I just make them tight with a wrench, but use a MILD loctite. I assure u, they never come loose again!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take out the loose one, match it up with another at any decently-stocked hardware store...or the GM dealership.

If you have a metric tap and die set--or even a metric thread-pitch gauge--you'll easily find the thread pitch, and then it's just a matter of diameter and length which can be determined with a metric tape measure, caliper, micrometer, etc.