My OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Figured since Juan did this I can too. ;)

Truck is an 89 2wd Silverado, 5.7, 3.73 gears, etc. I bought it 4 years + ago. It had 160XXX miles at the time. Engine was shot. Dropped in a new engine along with pretty much everything else and as of now I'm at 313K miles. I drive it everywhere. I got the bright idea to swap in a Lunati 60101 cam along with a custom tune/intake/exhaust and beef transmission. The only real problems I've ever had have been transmission related. I keep a spare 700R4 for that reason. It's fairly easy to swap it over from the 4L60E I've had out 4 times in 13 months. Went through a spell where I trashed 2 torque converters and one front pump seal. I also picked up a stock exhaust from a 97 truck and replaced it. The flowmaster was too loud. I needed earplugs to drive to work. Now it's quiet as a mouse and I haven't lost any mileage. I still daily drive it 140 miles round trip to and from work everyday, and every other weekend or 3 weeks I drive it from SC to KY and back. So it sees alot of highway miles. Fuel mileage isn't too bad. Usually 18.5-18.9 on the interstate and through the mountains at 70+. It's not perfect by any stretch. Really needs repainting since I've neglected that hard. It's been totaled once by me when I hit a 200lb 8-point deer head on doing 65. Everything from the doors up was replaced. Trashed everything including the accessories on the front of the engine and bent the frame. Only other mods I can think of are the grille, HIDs, polished wheels and compass/temp mirror.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Thanks Cez. Be even nicer when the LS1 is in lol.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Rofl Tharf did you change my thread title? :shake:

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, lets try to keep slang to a minimum here

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Lol it was actually a typo. But thanks though.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didnt know you frequented this site, I like it chris. Thats how you do it, no drop, stock style wheels, white letters and keep them trim.

Even though you bash the obs at times :lol:, you got some decent taste.

Oh yea and can you show me a tutorial on how you did the comp/temp mirror hookup. Im looking to do that.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
clean truck

how'd you get them clear parklights back in that far? Mine hit the rad. support on my 88 so I spaced them out flush with the grille since I plan on doing the headlights like yours, euro clears, composite.

Also that a cut down stock air cleaner or aftermarket? If aftermarket what base is it? flat, recessed, raised? or spacer used? it is still tbi right? I want to put on an open element in my 88 to clean things up.