My next project.. 2000 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the.complimemts, today got bored and added some LEDs to the dome, foot wells and door panels. Next will be the gauge cluster and hvac unit.
You must be registered for see images

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a clean rust free pewter bumper in the junkyard. Its got a small dent and some red paint from a parking lot pole but I should be able to make it decent. Sure beats the one thats on there though. Ill probably wet sand it and just buff it back out.

But lets take a moment for the GMT400s that had to die so mine could live on.. lol
2000 Limited

2000 Z71

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love the homemade jack stands lolol. and if that z71 had the fender flares i would have had paid you to snag them and ship them to me.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just sold my original set yesterday. First day on craigslist. And had several texts/emails afterwards. Seems like they sell like hotcakes. I might go back and snag the front bumper off the Z71 and re sell it. But i found this.. pretty nifty for nostalgia purposes..

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Very nice.

Since you keep running across these things, if you ever happen upon a set of the foglights and buckets, let me know.

Get in line, Dave!!!! :893karatesmiley-thu

You know, someone should start a company where they make fog light buckets, escalade consoles, cat-eye grilles, the front bumper cover that SixSpeedSS has, and other stuff that's hard to find. They could make a killing! :Big Laugh:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I have a custom set in my 88, i'm just being lazy with the dually.

Yeah, I bought some 1/8" steel bar from Lowe's that I'm cutting and drilling to make my own mounts, but having buckets would just be a cleaner way to do it.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but pretty much anything can be fabricated nowadays with enough time and money (it's usually money that's the limiting factor).

Not too many Z71 Tahoes around. I've only seen 2 or 3 in my area. BTW, what do you plan on doing for the rear of your console where the cup holders go? It looks like yours are missing.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its in there.. but broken none the less. I wedged a piece of cardboard in there to keep the tray from falling out. Maybe ill remake the tab that broke off with some jbweld or epoxy or something.