My new to me: '99 CCSB Diesel!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to show pics of my new project! My 1999 classic crew cab diesel! Now I know the 6.5 diesel has a bad reputation and I'm expecting some chattering about what possessed me to purchase one. But in all honestly its been on my wanted list for a long time. My grandfather had 3 as I grew up, always loved the sound of them. And as time passed on many aftermarket stuff has come out to alleviate most of the common issues. Anyways, I really didn't want a regular or extended cab I like having the crew. I found this on CL very local to me which was a shocker as CCSB's are pretty much non existent around here let alone a diesel. I've only seen three around here in person but all of them are gassers, But perhaps because the CCSB was a more family friendly truck and the diesel was a working mans engine caused there rarity. But anyways here she is! Its a little rough right now, but the frame and all the body mounts are solid, definitely needs body work in the usual spots on a Maine truck. The interior is very clean, and the old Detroit runs great. All in all she needs a little TLC but I think it will be well worth it for what I paid for it. Let me know what you guys think!

You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
from what i can see(slow internet), it looks great. is it a conversation ir OEM? there were a few crew short bed duallys offered but hadn't heard of ccsb's.
the engine in my 93 came from a 99.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I like it. Hope it was a good deal though because a blue bed on a pewter truck would drive me up a wall lol.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what i can see(slow internet), it looks great. is it a conversation ir OEM? there were a few crew short bed duallys offered but hadn't heard of ccsb's.
the engine in my 93 came from a 99.

Thanks, Nope truck is all legit OEM. Even better its an F code 6.5 as well.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it! Hope it works out good for you. How many miles? Are you planning on fixing it all up or just as needed and cosmetic stuff as you drive it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it! Hope it works out good for you. How many miles? Are you planning on fixing it all up or just as needed and cosmetic stuff as you drive it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Andy! its got 203k on it. The real reason for getting it was to help keep the miles low on my 1 ton, I will do everything necessary to bring it back to stock. I really don't have any plans on building it.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck man. Take care of it properly and it'll take care of you. Most of the bad rap they get is from lack of maintenance and care. The rest they earn theirself lol

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Interesting to see that it's factory, I have never seen a 6.5 CCSB in person, always a 350 or 454.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I remember seeing a 99 CCSB come up on the VA craigslist, just over the NC/VA state line, dark metallic grey, big camper mirrors, and a 6.5; I wanted that damn truck so bad, and swore to buy it if I ever see it again; even though I've got my 454.

Looking forward to seeing progress!