My new to me: '99 CCSB Diesel!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck man. Take care of it properly and it'll take care of you. Most of the bad rap they get is from lack of maintenance and care. The rest they earn theirself lol

Thanks! Yeah i think the engine in this has been cared for, no noises at all and almost no blowby.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see that it's factory, I have never seen a 6.5 CCSB in person, always a 350 or 454.

Oh yeah, if this is a conversion its a damn good one. The original owners name is in the manual along with the diesel supp book. The truck was bought new at o conner gmc, about an hour from me. At the time it was the biggest truck dealer in maine. I even have the stanadyne recall notice in the glove box too. But this truck being as rare as it is im wondering if its a special order.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
What's an f code 6.5?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a clean ccsb, I love the crew cabs and picked one up a few months ago with 454 in it, how's the 6.5 drive?i know the 454 is a gas guzzler but a powerhouse

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a clean ccsb, I love the crew cabs and picked one up a few months ago with 454 in it, how's the 6.5 drive?i know the 454 is a gas guzzler but a powerhouse

Thanks! Doesnt go to bad at all, nowhere near the power of my 1 ton, but has decent power.

GMT400FAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's an f code 6.5?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

As skylark said, f code has no egr, catalytic converter, and has 20:1 comp vs the s code at 22:1. Mine has the soot trap that is commonly mistaken for a cat. I believe the f code in '99 is 220hp and s code is 190hp

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome find! CCSB is extremely rare, and the pewter has got to be the sexiest color ever laid on a GMT400.

I still have heartache for letting a CCLB SRW 3500 6.5L 5spd 2wd in pewter go about 10 years back, only brought 4200, but I didnt have 4200 to spare at the time, and so I came in second bidding over the phone at that auction.

It still has the awesome factory air cleaner, so thats good!

Check out www.leroydiesel.com for your 6.5L parts, he has treated me very well over the years with quality parts.