My (new to me) 98' GMC 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

therealtor1

Reaction score
Well it looks like i'm the new guy on the forum all over again. My "Baby" is an 01' Toyota 4runner SR5 Sport and i've decided to redo the suspension on it. Because i'm not rolling in money I figure if I do the work myself maybe I can save some money in the long run. I've always worked on my own vehicle (when time permitted) as it allows me to deflate the brain a bit after a long day(s) in the office, however to do a project like this requires having access to more than vehicle as its not something I have the time to do in a single night. Which finally brings me to my new ride (and this forum)...

She's a 98' GMC C1500, SL, 2 wheel drive, extended cab, 5.0L V8. Its an automatic with tow package. Got 205k miles on her, but she runs and handles pretty nice (minus a few "bugs" i'm working on). According to the guy I bought it from it was his grandfathers truck and he's just getting to old to drive. I guess he's run into a few things with it around the house which have a few dents and dings, but this just adds character to it right :driver: The reason for the high mileage is because he used it to pull a camper back and forth from Delaware to Florida and of course supposedly he constanly had it maintained, etc... I believe the PO was the 2nd owner, but it only had approx 6k miles on it when he bought it locally here in DE. As part of the deal to purchase he supposedly made the salesman swap out the standard rims on it with a set off of a 454SS. So although its got Bowtie center-caps, can you go wrong with spinners :)

Obviously i'm on a bit of overload at the moment just trying to gather info and wrap my head around all the mods and what do I want to do, and when...Ugh, this is just supposed to be a beater truck so I can work on my T4R and still get to work in the morning, but I got a feeling its gonna be another endless project :) Oh well, thats why we buy them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 98 GMC 1500 Driver Side.jpg
    98 GMC 1500 Driver Side.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 98 GMC 1500 Passenger Side.jpg
    98 GMC 1500 Passenger Side.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 98' GMC 1500 Spinners.jpg
    98' GMC 1500 Spinners.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 98' GMC 1500 Front.jpg
    98' GMC 1500 Front.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 16
  • Downhill T4R.jpg
    Downhill T4R.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Awww, Get the pics working!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
LOL no pics.... and the rims arent just SS454. they also called SPORT wheels. same thing tho! only difference is the true 454s had black center caps with red chevy symbol. and those are very hard to come by center caps! or just find a person that makes the center stickers to swap out on some regular black center caps ;)
still agreat looking wheel and IMO BEST OBS WHEEL AVAILABLE FROM FACTORY!