My new k2500 6.5 turbo diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

238k miles I paid $2700 new +50hp injectors, injection pump, and turbo last fall, less than 5k miles on them. tires will need replacing next fall. Plans are as follows: crystal clear headlights and blinkers with LED's in them. gray LED tail lights, led tailgate light, LED smoked NBS cab lights, towing mirrors, 4" turbo back MBRP exhaust (stainless) with a 5" rolled angled tip, most likely tucked and dumped. front fender flares, NBS tow mirrors, color matched bowtie, and 285/75R16 BFGoodrich All Terrains. Also going to paint the wheels silver. Don't really like the black.

Attachments

• 1395382_224645394368676_971297735_n.jpg
    1395382_224645394368676_971297735_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check out diamond eye for the exhaust. A good product at a great price.
50hp injectors, that is a marketing scheme. No doubt that it needed them though.
Nice looking ride.

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
50hp injectors, that is a marketing scheme. No doubt that it needed them though.
Nice looking ride.

It definatly has more power then my buddys k1500 6.5. I took him or a ride and his response was "holy " and he just replaced all the injectors with factory replacements

98DDiesel

Reaction score
Nice looking 6.5 man looks clean. Like others have said I love the color combo. Good deal man!! Congrats

98DDiesel

Reaction score
Nice looking ride.

X2 Diamond eye is a good exhaust and easy install. Sounds awesome!! I agree with the 50hp injectors being a scheme. Maybe it added 20hp but its better than nothing. A lot better than stock!!

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
Why doesn't anybody run mbrp on these trucks? I love the way they let the turbo talk

Sent from the seat of a 6.5 Turbo Diesel

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It definatly has more power then my buddys k1500 6.5. I took him or a ride and his response was "holy " and he just replaced all the injectors with factory replacements
Gears and a EGR engine (S code) to your non EGR engine (F code) will make a fair difference. 1500's always came with S code engines and a ton of them had 3.42 gears. If he has 3.42's and you have 4.10's it will feel faster in yours. The F code isn't choked up in the intake like the S code. What turbo do you have? To my knowledge MBRP doesn't make a system for our trucks. Diamond Eye makes a quality product at a great price (see link below) and it gets rid of the crappy factory down pipe. I saw in your other thread that your PMD is on the inner fender. Everybody is right, move it to an area with air flow to keep it cool. I didn't like the thought of potentially submerging the PMD so I have mine in the air box, it works great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAMOND-EYE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7183e6e5&vxp=mtr

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
To keep on top of my upgrades and pictures, feel free to add me on facebook via the link below.. I will try and keep this thread updated however I do most of my posting from my smartphone and it can be a pain in the ass to keep both updated.

https://www.facebook.com/luke.haskins.56

Sketch

Diesel Owner
Reaction score
Gears and a EGR engine (S code) to your non EGR engine (F code) will make a fair difference. 1500's always came with S code engines and a ton of them had 3.42 gears. If he has 3.42's and you have 4.10's it will feel faster in yours. The F code isn't choked up in the intake like the S code. What turbo do you have? To my knowledge MBRP doesn't make a system for our trucks. Diamond Eye makes a quality product at a great price (see link below) and it gets rid of the crappy factory down pipe. I saw in your other thread that your PMD is on the inner fender. Everybody is right, move it to an area with air flow to keep it cool. I didn't like the thought of potentially submerging the PMD so I have mine in the air box, it works great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIAMOND-EYE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7183e6e5&vxp=mtr

This is what I am worried about. our road floods out every spring to bumper deep water from the river near by. Only way to get into town without back tracking 20 miles to thenext road that is higher up and doesn't flood.