my new jeep....again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IT RUNS!!!!!

got it running ok tonite, cleaned off the spark plugs, blew out the cylinders with some air, started it up and let it attempt to run a few times thoughout the night

had to take breaks because it made alot of smoke and im sure the neighbors were thrilled i was reving it up and smoking out the neighborhood

after a while it finally runs and idles pretty good

ran good enough i didnt have to give it back to slowly back it into the garage, just let off the clutch a lil and it backed right up

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is the best vid i could get of it idling outside in the driveway from my phone

You must be registered for see images attach

Brickyard

Reaction score
Makes me miss my 87 XJ. Flooded in Ike, but had over 200k and still rocking the original motor and trans.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its mostly stopped for now i think, at least it was last nite

i havent been out to work on it yet tonite but hopefully it has mostly stopped

kinda hard to tell because of its cold and you can see the exhaust anyways

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i havent updated this for awhile...thats because it didnt run since i last posted on here

the next day went to start it and nothing

so since then i was trying to work on it on and off...jumping wire to rule them out, getting new parts...ended up getting another new/used pcm..got it tues...and BAM starts and runs

so after getting it to start the last few days i decided to do some more work to it, oil change, new spark plugs(ones in it were junk from trying to start it), and an idler pulley as it was screaming

well all went good....except i had probably 10 qt of oil SHOOT out of the pan when i pulled the plug......guess trying to start it for so long dumps alot of fuel into the gas....oil was very very thin and smelled like straight gas...good thing i changed it now

ran good all day, now just few other lil things and she is ready to go

o and here is proof it made it out of the garage finally