My new 92 Silverado K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuySkye

Reaction score
So I've always wanted a 4x4 Chevy, but I've always been a car guy, so cars have always taken priority... I've owned just about every car I've ever wanted to own, so I figured it's time to look for a truck. I used to have a 2wd 1972 C10 longbed lowered, but ended up selling that a few years ago and I've missed having a truck ever since... anyway, for the past few months I've been looking for a GMT400 4x4 and it seemed like everyone either wanted way too much or they had been hacked up. I knew I wanted a Chevy 4wd, 1500, automatic, extended cab, and prefered a 96/97, but would settle for an older one. Coming home from work one day, I found it! Nowhere near as nice as I wanted, but it had everything else that was on the list and the price was right. I ended up getting it for $700! It needed a water pump, which I did the next day and now it runs perfect. Few other things I need to fix are the driver window motor (which is ordered), AC needs to be converted to R134a, stereo (which I already rewired, just need to get time to put in), wheels and tires (have the wheels, gotta order tires, and I'm thinking of staying stock size 265/75/16) and lastly a paint job. I figure I can do all besides the paint job myself and I'll know it has all been done right and I'll know it hasn't been hacked up and I'll still only be in the truck ~$3k.

Here is the truck, just a few crappy pics from the day I bought it...
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ThatGuySkye

Reaction score
Thanks guys! This thing is amazingly easy to work on. I'm hoping to have it all done in a month... that might be pushing it though since I work the next two weeks straight. lol

ThatGuySkye

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

What color you going to repaint it? Keep the white?

Yep, always wanted a white truck, plus I don't have to worry about jambs and under the hood. Probably just going to do a cheap Maaco job and I'll do all the prep work.