My LS swap in 2 dr 2 wd tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who knows what color the stock temp sensor wire on the driver side head is?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Can't view vid... running clean now?

Stock on the NBS trucks?

99-07 Engine coolant Temp signal is yellow.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can view the video on my desktop.
Yeah its running good while its not overheating. LOL
Yeah yellow wire, but what about the 350 temp wire on the driver side head. I was told its green.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got a pic confirming its green.
So i have to get a 3 wire temp sensor from a 98 or so LS1 with the pig tail.
The yellow and black wires connect to the 2 top wires and the green wire that goes to the cluster connects to the remaining bottom wire.
ACDelco 12551708

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
Just got a pic confirming its green.
So i have to get a 3 wire temp sensor from a 98 or so LS1 with the pig tail.
The yellow and black wires connect to the 2 top wires and the green wire that goes to the cluster connects to the remaining bottom wire.
ACDelco 12551708

I seem to remember that from when I was gathering parts. PCM and the dash get different signals. The other option is to put your OE dash sensor in the hole on the other head.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't realize it had 2 sensors.
Why they didn't just put the LS1 type connector is weird. I have the sensor coming and should be here today. I also found the TPS pig tail from the LS harness which is the same thing as the temp sensor pig tail.
Will have working gauge today.

Another gauge that is reading wrong is the fuel gauge. It reads at the 3 o'clock position. Way too full. When i first got it going it was reading correctly. I did remove the canister but that was before i first started. I need to go back through all my wiring.

Well today was the first time i drive my truck to work. I work downtown Houston, with a lot of traffic. She was overheating on me before and I had to replace the water pump and t stat.
Never got over 207
Now for some E-Fans

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What part of the Houston area do you live? I may have to come check this thing out!

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
North of Kingwood in Porter.

Sux how far you have to go to get a little property. Bought 1.5 acres and built a house in 2013.

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

Reaction score
I didn't realize it had 2 sensors.
Why they didn't just put the LS1 type connector is weird. I have the sensor coming and should be here today. I also found the TPS pig tail from the LS harness which is the same thing as the temp sensor pig tail.
Will have working gauge today.

Another gauge that is reading wrong is the fuel gauge. It reads at the 3 o'clock position. Way too full. When i first got it going it was reading correctly. I did remove the canister but that was before i first started. I need to go back through all my wiring.

Well today was the first time i drive my truck to work. I work downtown Houston, with a lot of traffic. She was overheating on me before and I had to replace the water pump and t stat.
Never got over 207
Now for some E-Fans

Fuel sender shouldn't have been messed with at all, so maybe you lost a ground or something. The Temp sensor is because the LS series uses the temp sensor much more than the TBI or vortech PCMs did. The only reason the 3 wire sensor you need even exists is because GM was lazy about updating the dash temp readout for a couple years. lol

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah my bet is a ground!!
Just have to get back in there with all the wiring and look for it or just get the ground wire from the harness leading to the tank and ground it on the chassis.

GM lazy?????