My GMT400!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500
138k miles
cloth interior and bench seats
5.7l
4x4 push button
cab lights
z71
What should I do with it upgrade wise?
You must be registered for see images attach

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Clean truck man. As far as upgrades, I wouldn't do anything too over the top. Maybe throw a valance on it, and freshen up the lenses.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
remove bug shield and rain guards, some nice meaty 285's and slight tb crank, tint, then detail it up.

done. drive and enjoy.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
so crazy. when i was 16 those trucks were new and a guy in my class had a well off family and he got a brand new one. trucks were so awesome and i always wanted one. now i'm almost 31 and have one but so does another 16 year old....................... Congrats and treat it right and it will treat you right.

i've had several of them in the past and multiple new trucks but somehow i have ended up back at what i wanted when i was 16.

Last edited:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Clean truck man. As far as upgrades, I wouldn't do anything too over the top. Maybe throw a valance on it, and freshen up the lenses.

Exactly what I would have said. Clean headlights would make the world of difference.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
:welcome: and nice truck, I would recommend a valance, new headlights, tint and (since it would be way to hard to fill in the holes if you removed them) some smoked cab lights.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:welcome: and nice truck, I would recommend a valance, new headlights, tint and (since it would be way to hard to fill in the holes if you removed them) some smoked cab lights.
I agree with the smoked cab lights! my dad said he would lease me a new Chevy but I just loved this year of truck and wanted my own something to work on and upgrade.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
:welcome: from Mississippi. Nice looking truck!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so crazy. when i was 16 those trucks were new and a guy in my class had a well off family and he got a brand new one. trucks were so awesome and i always wanted one. now i'm almost 31 and have one but so does another 16 year old....................... Congrats and treat it right and it will treat you right.

i've had several of them in the past and multiple new trucks but somehow i have ended up back at what i wanted when i was 16.

I did the exact same thing! Went a purchased a '92 that was manufactured one month before my 17th birthday. Always loved the OBSs and am glad I finally bought one.