My documented TBI-to-Vortec 350 conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
You should have no problem clearing that with the stock hood, I have a Victor intake with a 1" spacer and still clear!

Nice too see you got 062's! 906's are the same minus having a hump instead of sawblades, and hardened valve seats.

Sent from my Igloo

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You should have no problem clearing that with the stock hood, I have a Victor intake with a 1" spacer and still clear!

Nice too see you got 062's! 906's are the same minus having a hump instead of sawblades, and hardened valve seats.

Sent from my Igloo

I hope it does clear! But if it doesn't, gives me the chance to finally pick up a cowl hood :evillol:. And im pretty happy o ended up with 062s! I started doing research and the consensus seems to be that the hardered valve seats on the 906s hinder exhaust flow a teeny bit. Doesnt matter on my truck, she's no drag truck, but still interesting. Anywho, picked up the new head bolts yesterday, just waiting on the gasket set and carb adapter in the mail. Thinking i may eventually just have it machined to 2" bores when i go 454 TB, that way I dont need a new one.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Got my carb adapter in the mail! This thing is serious. Obviously not aluminum! That's effectively the last piece to the puzzle, save for a few small things. Right now I need a new oil pressure sensor, head and intake gaskets, and a few fittings and hoses here and there.

EDIT: oh, and spark plugs, since I broke like 4 when we pulled the old heads off :lol: the Vortecs need longer plugs anyway.

Last edited:

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Got my carb adapter in the mail! This thing is serious. Obviously not aluminum! That's effectively the last piece to the puzzle, save for a few small things. Right now I need a new oil pressure sensor, head and intake gaskets, and a few fittings and hoses here and there.

EDIT: oh, and spark plugs, since I broke like 4 when we pulled the old heads off :lol: the Vortecs need longer plugs anyway.

NGK TR55's for plugs.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score

its sad that your naming that stuff off and i have about 13 sets of all that laying around in my garage. does that tell you how much work i do on peoples trucks? lol i stock pile gaskets accesories etc and they all seem to dissapear rather quickly.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
its sad that your naming that stuff off and i have about 13 sets of all that laying around in my garage. does that tell you how much work i do on peoples trucks? lol i stock pile gaskets accesories etc and they all seem to dissapear rather quickly.

:lol: thats awesome man, personally i love having extra parts laying around.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is the little sensor that has one wire going to it, that is screwed into the driver side head, right underneath where the exhaust manifold bolts to, between the #3 and #5 spark plugs?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Another question, what exactly is the hose that connects to the rear of the stock TBI intake, right next to the distributor? I was comparing the two and my new intake doesn't have it. Looks to be part of the A/C, which doesn't work anyway. Can I just cut it off with no ill effects?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
it not the hose that you remove when you add a tb spacer right? haha, just trying to help lol