my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:rocking: I know what in doing this week :) lol... thanks bro!

hey bill while your doin that can you snap a couple pics of the front gas tank strap cuz i dont know where mine went or if the thing i found with the tank is it cuz the truck has been in four shops over the past year or so

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol i think i know what your talkin about on the four bolt thing but i dont remember the strap, if you could snap a pic that would be greatly apprectiated man

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well dang man i tried searching for a pic before and couldnt find it lol, and i honestly dont remember seeing this when i pulled it off the truck haha what did ypu search for to find that? ill buy one off ebay if i have too

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man ill check at the junk yard this week.... im not sure if it will fit with the way my bars are designed but its worth a shot lol

Reaction score
Wow... So today was my day off. First thing this morning my boss txt me asking what i had planned for the day, and not to worry.. I don't need to come in or anything.. So i replied not much, why? He wanted me to change the front wheel bearings in his truck.. A NBS chevy.. He said hed give me $100 to do it.. So i said hell yeah! lol.. I went to my job and picked up his truck and took it to his horse stable to change them out, incase it started to rain.. Well, they have the wheel hubs as some of you probably already know.. Not regular wheel bearings. It went pretty quick and i was done with both sides in about 30 min ( horses were getting in my way ) lol.. After i finished i thought to myself " Damn, these new trucks are so fkn easy to work on!" It was the simplest bearing change id ever done! So, as im putting my tools into the back of the truck he calls me and asks "hows it going?" I said im done, be back there in a few min.. He said " Holly ****! You are the fkn man!" I just laughed and said see ya soon.. So i pull the truck back up to the job and start loading my jack and tools into the back of my truck, just as im putting the tire tool away he comes out.. Hands me a crisp hundred dollar bill.. I said to him " you don't have to pay me that much, it was really simple and quick" Then he said " Oh no, trust me.. its worth it, the lowest price of every shop i called about haven it done was five hundred.. and itd be hours before it would be finished.."
WTF???? I could not believe places charge that fkn much, just to remove a wheel.. Unbolt a caliper.. Unbolt the three bolts that hold the hub.. Unplug an ABS plug.. remove the hub w/disk.. Take a tiny screw out of the disk and slide the disk off a hub.. and do all that in reverse with a new hub. How simple and easy.. Makes you wonder how many people have paid over five hundred bucks for something so simple?????

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
oh yea, ive done that several times, there a piece of cake on the nbs. but workin in the industry its not hard to believe