Just getting started on my rebuild. I'm going to learn a lot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lazybones

Reaction score
I fondly remember the days working on my brothers Corvair and my 68 Firebird when we were teenagers. I am now 67 and retired. Lots of time on my hands so I purchased a 1993 Chevy 1500 Regular Cab Sportside 2WD Auto project. 340,000 kilometers, rusted rocker panels, rusted cab corners, front fenders replaced with almost decent different color junkyard parts, hail damaged junkyard hood, box rusted where fenders attach, engine not seized but probably worn out. My goal is to make it a respectable looking reliable driver with 5/6 drop, 350 to 400hp, flip tailgate latch, shave door handles and eliminate fender antenna.
Progress to date:
Started to cut out cab corners and rockers. Stopped until actual parts are in hand (so I don't cut too far).

Found excellent replacement hood. Almost perfect. Will have to paint.

Found excellent doors. Will have to swap power equipment from old doors to new (currently crank) doors. Will have to paint.

The last few days I have been focusing on the interior. I believe I have almost everything I need except for headliner fabric and the parts to eliminate the factory radio and add a single or double din "radio".

We are snowbirds so hoping to pick up some parts while in Yuma.

I expect this will take me about 3 years until I'm satisfied.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get after it Lazybones! Post up a build thread so we can see the progress!