my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are sooo lucky to have that truck man! I wish i had a crew cab step side!
Im going to start ordering some bag stuff next week, should be fun being my first.. I hope:uhoh2:

There's one down here primered ready to buy south texas rio grande city area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Dam! Lol great deal!!!! I can't believe how cheap these systems have gotten over the years! I swear I paid like 300$ for my set with small bear claw latches but now they are down to like 200$ :( that blows! Guess I'll be keeping mine and just use them some day on a toy!

Reaction score
Yeah, the zink plated kits are really cheap. This one's $425 still with no latches. I can't believe the shop sold them for $60.. guess it's hard to complete with the cheaper ones selling like hotcakes.. These are covered in dust from sitting on a shelf so long. I talked with Steve a while back about how he braced his doors against the common flex, his old truck is obviously still holding up thru the last few owners. Aside from its purple now...lol
Ima skin the inner door like he did and add a bottom brace thru the entire bottom of door just inside of where the window perches when down. Should remove any possibility of flex. Also going to box in the entire hinge pockets to the jamb and inner wall of the cab creating a metal post within the jamb. I pray I can still manage to keep the power antenna or at least enough room for a slimmer one.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weld a piece of square tubing across the back of both hinges connecting them together once there mounted into the post. It helps a lot with the flex when you open the door if you don't do itll drop the door a good 2-3 inchs when you open it lol. These truck doors are extremely heavy for some reason.

Reaction score
Dual Viair 444s finally done. Can honestly say these are extremely quiet to my surprise. And a lot faster than the old 400s.. Not quite as fast as a York, but not to far from one tho. Half a cfm slower ain't to bad..
You must be registered for see images attach

Also caught something today, the AVS water traps.. The inlet hole has two tiny holes that are 1/4" inside the input get blocked off. The inlet hole is about 5/8" deep. I drilled the two fill holes a hair bigger, then took one of those dremel bits with the tiny ball end with curved blades on it and slanted the holes to the back of the inlet. Now a fitting will screw in and seat firmly without blocking them off..