my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
im looking at ruffly totals. pump 52, new fluid fully 30-40. maybe more if you replace radiator hoses as well because lets face it might as well do it when its all tore apart so ya dont blow a hose and lose all the new fluid and broke down on side of the road! your still young ;) its one thing ive learned over the years of being cheap and doing the bare minimum.... it never pays off to be cheap and skimp! hell i cheaped out on a air line fitting about 3years ago for it to blow apart and the air pressure in the tank ruptured my right ear drum and ive had a ringing in it ever since all because i didnt want to pay 5bucks more for the DOT fittings :( the ringing has been a constant reminder DONT BE CHEAP DAM IT.LOL

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking at ruffly totals. pump 52, new fluid fully 30-40. maybe more if you replace radiator hoses as well because lets face it might as well do it when its all tore apart so ya dont blow a hose and lose all the new fluid and broke down on side of the road! your still young ;) its one thing ive learned over the years of being cheap and doing the bare minimum.... it never pays off to be cheap and skimp! hell i cheaped out on a air line fitting about 3years ago for it to blow apart and the air pressure in the tank ruptured my right ear drum and ive had a ringing in it ever since all because i didnt want to pay 5bucks more for the DOT fittings :( the ringing has been a constant reminder DONT BE CHEAP DAM IT.LOL
Lol, probably the bass doesn't help the ringing either, I guess I didn't think about it, because I "stock" coupe gallons, quarts, pints, cans of just about anything I need so I didn't count that as a cost. And I was planning on checking the inside of the hoses for how they've degraded over the past 12 years, and that's if they are stock. Previous owner had supposedly redone radiator and water pump so we'll see

Live action!!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya you would think the bass would have done my hearing damage and not a cheap ebay air line fitting and air pressure.... but 150psi and 5gallons of air dumping in less than a second will do quite a bit of damage to the ear nerves :(
it doesnt hurt its just a never ending ringing that sometimes i can ignore and sometimes its screaming loud and irritating! but nothing me or any ear doctor can do :(
but i still got 2 15s right behind me head in the backseat area.... i just dont play them as loud anymore but thats because my girl and baby ride with me! LOL when im riding free i turn the amps remote bass knobs back up!

Reaction score
I actually got lucky, it was the thermostat. I didn't get the cheap one, paid like six bucks more for the premium. Also said fk it and got the expensive GM antifreeze.
Drove it to town and back and working perfectly :)
Gas here finally dropped below $2..
$20 gave me 5/8 tank from between the two empty marks..lol.
Awesome feeling being able to lay body at the gas pump, throw the nozzle in top the rail and just sit there on a fat tire while truck fills up with gas.
No more embarrassing RrRrRrRrRrRrr compressors, truck finally functioning right. I'm one HaPpY ****

Oh, I'm good on the water pump if it were bad, found out there's just over a year left on its warranty :)

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Good news! Nothing beats a easy fix! :) that little thing can sure to important! I always think it's funny when people say they test them out in the oven..... I'm just like forget that buy a new one and slap it in! Hard to argue with a part under 10bucks lol

Reaction score
Not much accomplished
just tailgate..
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally used some of the primer my wife got me a couple years ago..lol