my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks man, it's nice to have something going right finally..lol. Now if stuff will stop breaking I can move forward with trien to finish this dang thing.
Fuel pump, pittman arm then compressor.. all back to back... Fingers crossed :)

Reaction score
I jinxed myself... Trucks on side the road till lunch, then ne and my wife are gonna pull it home.
Overheating. Water pump or thermostat. Just my fkn luck I guess.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Hopefully it's just the thermostat! That's a quick fix! Hell I'd grab a wrench and a new thermostat and change it and drive it home. If it makes it home fine then problem fixed. If not change water pump.

Reaction score
Well, our plan was me drive it toward home till it starts to get hot while Charlene runs home to get the chain..
Got half way to the house and it started creeping about normal, then dropped back down to normal. It made it back to the house with temp going up and down around normal. Pulled radiator hose from thermostat housing and started it, water slowly comes out the thermostat housing. Think thermostat is just opened enough to cool it with outside temp being only 38.. Going to buy a new thermostat and antifreeze after work and throw it on and she's going to follow a test drive. Fingers crossed...

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Ditto ^
We all love cheap fixes!!! But then again a water pump swap isnt to bad. I've wanted to change mine for awhile cause it has a small drop on the bottom and looses some fluid every 6months or so. But so far it's still working fine. Knock on wood.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto ^
We all love cheap fixes!!! But then again a water pump swap isnt to bad. I've wanted to change mine for awhile cause it has a small drop on the bottom and looses some fluid every 6months or so. But so far it's still working fine. Knock on wood.
I know this is off topic, butmine has same leak, should I just replace the whole thing or just gasket? New life time warranty one is 52$

Live action!!