My 98' Chevy Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
So some of you know my red truck was SUH-MASHED in the rear end and totalled all to hell, bent frame, smashed cab.. yadda yadda yadda.

I bought a 1998 Chevy K1500 - Z71 - 5.7 - 4l60e - Bucket Seats with floor console - Roof console - (Indigo Blue Metallic) with 163k miles, 1 owner older guy bought it with 30 miles on it.

Basically a stock truck, old man fiberglass topper, chrome rocker trim..

You must be registered for see images attach

---

Well of course I had pull that trim off, debadge/demold, tint the tail lights, swap my wheels over..

---

Well than I realized the rear end was a little noisy, the spider gears were a little marred and it needed a pinion seal.. So I swapped my red trucks rear end over, added the 2" lift blocks with some new U-Bolts. Also I replaced a L/F wheel bearing and swapped the R/F axle out from the red truck due to a torn boot and sandy CV Joint.

----

Ohh, How could I forget, I had to swap my dual 10" MTX subs and my amp in this truck, along with the brand new pioneer stereo..

The system isnt anything incredible, just a good walmart pioneer, decent subs and a 'Calcell' amp?

---

I got tired of my headlights covers, and Horns did too, plus one of them was broke so I didnt run the top ones often. Well I went ahead and ordered a set of black housing headlights from Amazon.

----

Got bored at work one the other day, couldnt find anything wrong with the truck, so I figured I would paint something anodized blue, plus I had the rear end outside in the rain for a while after the accident so I figured hell, I should do the rear diff fluid and buy a new cover! Well a co-worker of mine Jeff is a wizard with the spray cans, so he volunteered to do it. Layed down a metal cast ground coat, then anodized blue.

--

And thats basically where I am at now, more pics and details will be added when I do something new.

I plan on doing that anodized blue on the valve covers, vortec box and some other engine pieces.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
nice clean truck..sure has came a ways in a short time..love the color.

wesbest96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks absolutely fantastic! The removal of all the trim and new wheels made a heck of a difference!