My 97 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do your thing, but Monster transmissions have a bad reputation with a lot of people. Just food for thought. If you haven't already, I'd check into them.
I haven’t bought anything yet but I’m also trying not to spend over $1500 I could take it back to the hole in the wall place that rebuilt it 28k miles ago and have them redo it with converter for 950 or get one at pick a part. I’m still up i the air about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody Harwood

Reaction score
Just got my 4l60e monster transmission today. Shop should have it in my 98 k150p tomorrow. I'll let you know how it
performs. 3 year unlimited mile warranty and they seem to be a pretty well organized company. Always helpful during the ordering / building process. Long lelead times though. I think I was around 5 weeks from order to delivery.

Nice truck by the way!

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got my 4l60e monster transmission today. Shop should have it in my 98 k150p tomorrow. I'll let you know how it
performs. 3 year unlimited mile warranty and they seem to be a pretty well organized company. Always helpful during the ordering / building process. Long lelead times though. I think I was around 5 weeks from order to delivery.

Nice truck by the way!
Yes please let me know how well it works!
Thank you [emoji1598][emoji1598]

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think for now I’m going to pick a part for a 60e since I need new tires and registration is due in March along with “smog” hahaha. After I deal with that I’ll be saving up for a new 60e and use the current one that’s in the truck for a core.
Since I think it most likely cooked itself climbing the hill. I’ve been thinking about removing the cooler lines going to the radiator, removing the auxiliary trans cooler and just putting a nice big aluminum trans cooler with a fan plus a trans temp gauge whenever I finally get a really good transmission.
Since my plan is to eventually put an lt4 cam in the truck. Would it hurt the good trans by running a let’s say 2000-2200rpm stall vs a stock stall?

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So maybe someone can answer this question for me the past couple of weeks since the truck has been sitting for a few days to a week at a time it starts like this and takes about 15 seconds to clear out I do t know what to check I don’t need to really throttle it to make it run but if I don’t it’ll idle at like 400 rpm till it clears out
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like the check engine light is on...what’s the code?

Cody Harwood

Reaction score
I've had my monster transmission a week now and no issues whatsoever. I towed a 6000 pound trailer from Minnesota to michigan this past weekend as well and it towed great.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
My monster didnt make it 20,000 miles. It now sits with a fried 3/4 clutch pack almost 4 years after i put it in. It held strong until it didnt.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today I scored a trans at the local pick a part. I search for about n hour threw all the trucks Tahoe’s and suburbans then I came across a suburban that had 111k on it trans was dirty but it was the lowest mile one I could find that was complete.
So I went at and pulled it an hour later it was out but I noticed some writing on the bellhousing. Found out that it only has 15k on it from 2009. After cleaning it some I found a gm goodwrench reman badge score fluid was clean converter is new and the inside of the pan looked brand new

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers