My 95 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS C1500

Reaction score
How thick are they? You should have a good 3-4 inches between the grille and radiator.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

I don't know exactly I'll check tomorrow, I will probably move them if they will fit there I just have to find a way to hook them there securly

OBS C1500

Reaction score
i forgot to post my speaker pictures so here they are.

You must be registered for see images attach

i also installed my blue LEDs inside. i got them from SuperBrightLeds.com they're soo nice i love them and they even match my radio nicely

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Do you have a sub or anything? Seems like you would be lacking in low end replacing the 4x6 speakers with squares and tweeters. Where did you get the speakers? I have my blown 4x6s unhooked and just ran it to my amp for the sub, so I just have the door speakers and the little tweeters in front of the window switches along with my sub.

OBS C1500

Reaction score
thanks guys and no i do not have subs yet thats the next thing going in i talked to a guy today about building a custom box behind my seat for 2 six inch subs that supposedly can keep up with 12 inch subs i guess there like the new thing he was saying so he is going to give me a price on those and with the smaller subs i wouldn't have any issues with clearance behind my seat and i'd still have room behind my seat to put whatever because it won't take up the entire space behind my seat. thats what he recommended and i know he knows his stuff so i trust him. and then when i get my tax return is when i plan on getting my lift :) i can't believe how fast its all going together like i planned but um after that ill do tires and rims and a few miscellaneous things in-between. thats my plans right now

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
The 6s should be punchier than a 12, too, if they can get as loud as a 12 that's awesome. I have a kicker 10 in a kicker slim box and it pretty much takes up all of behind my drivers seat, but the passenger seat is open

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think smaller subs in that regular cab is more logical and will still sound good . My cousin had 2 -12's in his rcsb in high school and his seat was too far forward for my liking. Hell you can get one 10- 13" thin line sub and it will hit pretty good.

OBS C1500

Reaction score
yeah i was looking at two 10 or 12 shallow speakers in a box behind my seat and we put a truck box he had laying around the shop and it was so close to the seat that if there was a sub in it and it hit it would bump into the seat so he suggested the two 6's so i would have plenty of clearance and not have to move my seat way up so I'm sure they will sound amazing once i get them ill see if i can get a video so you can hear them he said they are like 300w a piece or something close to that. my brother has two shallow 10's under his back seat in his truck and he said they only have like 250w put together so i think they will be perfect. I'm supposed to be getting a price on them monday.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
My single 10 is 125w and doesn't hit my seat, but I sit a notch forward and angle it back further so that might be why. My 125w 10 is enough for me, but I mostly listen to thrash and heavy metal so I just like the punch of the bass drum. You'll have the equivalent of a 600w 12 that has a lot more punch, should sound great