My 1991 RCLB C1500 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m 16 and recently purchased this truck at an auction for $3500. It has 135,000 miles on it and hasn’t done much hard work in its lifetime. It is for the most part completely stock. As of right now all I have done is replaced the cracked dash and broken radio. The radio is now the Moto 4HD from Santa Cruz. The dash was ordered from LMC Truck. I’ve been looking to try and figure out what direction I should take the truck in. Any ideas for mods of any type that you think would make it look better would be appreciated.

From up here in the rust belt that looks to be a super clean beauty of a RCLB.

Take good care of your first truck, for you will be making memories that will last a lifetime.
And you may not realize it yet, but there are a lot of people who will walk by all manner of
new trucks in order to get a closer look at a classic like yours. If you haven't already done so,
find out where the casual carshows are in your area ("Cars & Coffee", "Show & Shine", etc)
and make the old timers day by seeing a 16 year old choosing to join the old truck hobby.

Do all you can to restore the designed-in reliability of the powertrain, from the radiator to the diff cover.
Ensure the steering, suspension, brakes fall under the category 'looked for trouble and didn't find any',
instead of the more hopeful 'It still moves under it's own power so it's gotta be good.'

Don't know your background in working on stuff. (I don't know if the JD front plate is yours or just came
with the vehicle. :0) No matter, you have a picked a great vehicle to work on, and should last you as long
as you are interested in it. And if you don't already have a set of GM's Service Manuals, do yourself a favor
and download the ones for your year for free over here. ('88+ GMT400 service manuals)

Between researching these manuals and the threads in this forum, you should be able to tackle almost any
issue you have with your truck.

Once you have all your truck ducks in a row, then by all means upgrade your wheels and do whatever it takes
to make this your truck. Nice truck. Enjoy the experiences to come.

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
From up here in the rust belt that looks to be a super clean beauty of a RCLB.

Take good care of your first truck, for you will be making memories that will last a lifetime.
And you may not realize it yet, but there are a lot of people who will walk by all manner of
new trucks in order to get a closer look at a classic like yours. If you haven't already done so,
find out where the casual carshows are in your area ("Cars & Coffee", "Show & Shine", etc)
and make the old timers day by seeing a 16 year old choosing to join the old truck hobby.

Do all you can to restore the designed-in reliability of the powertrain, from the radiator to the diff cover.
Ensure the steering, suspension, brakes fall under the category 'looked for trouble and didn't find any',
instead of the more hopeful 'It still moves under it's own power so it's gotta be good.'

Don't know your background in working on stuff. (I don't know if the JD front plate is yours or just came
with the vehicle. :0) No matter, you have a picked a great vehicle to work on, and should last you as long
as you are interested in it. And if you don't already have a set of GM's Service Manuals, do yourself a favor
and download the ones for your year for free over here. ('88+ GMT400 service manuals)

Between researching these manuals and the threads in this forum, you should be able to tackle almost any
issue you have with your truck.

Once you have all your truck ducks in a row, then by all means upgrade your wheels and do whatever it takes
to make this your truck. Nice truck. Enjoy the experiences to come.
JD plate was my addition.