My 95 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS C1500

Reaction score
This is how it looked when i bought it. it had 114,000 miles and it is a w/t model with a 4.3 engine
You must be registered for see images attach

this is how it sits now

its getting painted right now the color will be sand drift grey

my plans are
-new grille
-new tail lights
-new stock mirrors for now thinking about tow mirrors once i get my lift
-new door handles
-4'' RC spindle lift
not sure if my tires will look okay with the lift i am afraid they will look to small but i can't go much bigger 33's will kill my 4.3 so idk its already a little sluggish as is which i don't mind but i don't want to have to regear i think i might try 32's once i wear my 31's down.
-possibly new rims
-new bed liner not sure if i want roll on or the plastic bed liner
- blue led light swap inside

thats about all i can think of right now off the top of my head but let me know what you guys think

-Josh

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I would probably regear and get the bigger tires because small tires will kill the look of a lifted truck. Just my .02 though. Can't wait to see te new paint

Sent while pulling out a Ford

OBS C1500

Reaction score
yeah i think i might have to but i might try 32's before i regear and if i think its too hard on it then ill regear I'm just not sure yet on what I'm going to do.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
:welcome: looks good.

As far as regear (if you plan on or don't mind getting new wheels), I would get a k1500 3.73 rear axle (since yours probably has 3.08 or 3.42 gears) and swap it under the rear end. And do the 2500 light duty rotor upgrade in the front. This will effectively change you to 6 lug all of the way around. The k1500 axle will widen the rear to more match the front increased track width from the spindle lift. Wheel choice, I would go with a 16" to get you into 265 or 285 tires witch are easier to come by these days and available in better than a load range c tire. You may even be able to find a functioning g80 rpo (locking) rear axle in a 3.73 to help overcome the lack of 4x4.

This is all just in my opinion though ^

Either way, subbed for future updates.

OBS C1500

Reaction score
:welcome: looks good.

As far as regear (if you plan on or don't mind getting new wheels), I would get a k1500 3.73 rear axle (since yours probably has 3.08 or 3.42 gears) and swap it under the rear end. And do the 2500 light duty rotor upgrade in the front. This will effectively change you to 6 lug all of the way around. The k1500 axle will widen the rear to more match the front increased track width from the spindle lift. Wheel choice, I would go with a 16" to get you into 265 or 285 tires witch are easier to come by these days and available in better than a load range c tire. You may even be able to find a functioning g80 rpo (locking) rear axle in a 3.73 to help overcome the lack of 4x4.

This is all just in my opinion though ^

Either way, subbed for future updates.

thats a good idea i never thought of going that route but that'd be a lot of work and pretty expensive. don't get me wrong I'm up for the work but idk if i have the money. ill defiantly have to think over my options but right now I'm super stoked to get it back from the paint and body shop! thanks for the sub