My 88 rcsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice part's, I have a question though, the instrument cluster behind the steering wheel appears to have a 6K tach, I have only ever seen a 5k tach in a tbi truck, and of course the diesel tach, but never a 6K old dash tach, what engine was in that truck?
mine has 6k also and it came with a 4.3

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very interesting, I have never seen either one of those before, I have alway's worked on or owned 350 truck's. Thank's for the info!

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Finall y got around to installaing the corvette servo and now I have some tire chirp when 1st gear runs out and shifts to second. would just changing out the servo do this? I'm thinking the OP had a shift kit installed and the servo woke it up since it never did that before.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finall y got around to installaing the corvette servo and now I have some tire chirp when 1st gear runs out and shifts to second. would just changing out the servo do this? I'm thinking the OP had a shift kit installed and the servo woke it up since it never did that before.[/QUOT
Yeah it sound's to me like it has a shift kit too, I have 2 truck's with vette servo's and don't shift like that at all, but on my 95 if I turned on my B+M shift plus it would bark the tires in to second.

TNLowLyfe

Reaction score
LOVE your truck. Makes me want to get mine running right and get it lowered

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Alright finally sold my Sport Wheels and tires and am debating on set of chrome Boss 304's or a set of black 335's with polished lips?

Luke

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finall y got around to installaing the corvette servo and now I have some tire chirp when 1st gear runs out and shifts to second. would just changing out the servo do this? I'm thinking the OP had a shift kit installed and the servo woke it up since it never did that before.
My 89 with nothing but a vette servo would bark the tires on the 1-2 sometimes with 3.42s and 265s, with 285s it never did though. If it was lowered with a 29" tire Im sure it would have gotten rubber on the shift a lot more.

Alright finally sold my Sport Wheels and tires and am debating on set of chrome Boss 304's or a set of black 335's with polished lips?
335s for sure. I hate 304s.

What size you getting?

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
My 89 with nothing but a vette servo would bark the tires on the 1-2 sometimes with 3.42s and 265s, with 285s it never did though. If it was lowered with a 29" tire Im sure it would have gotten rubber on the shift a lot more.

335s for sure. I hate 304s.

What size you getting?

Just not sure if the black centers on the 335's will give it enough pop and they have some wear on them, the 304's are new with new tires and are a few minutes from my house.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
After selling my Sport wheels and tires for $800, I decided on the Boss 304's, tires don't have much sidewall so I'll have to be careful where I drive for now. The wheels came with new lugs but they are too small. So I need to pick up a set of lugs.

Tires are brand new directional Goodyear Eagle's HP 255/35ZR/20, I got everything for a grand which I believe was a great deal!

Here's a few pics, my old Canon Powershot is done, my kids dropped it and it's never been the same.

You must be registered for see images attach

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
A few more pics