My 454SS's, now that's alot of S's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an FYI... If you are 'restoring' the BBQSS back to stock, then you got the incorrect seats for a 1990.

1990 & 1991 had specific 454SS seats (side bolsters, no armrests). 1992 & 1993 had the same buckets as any other GM truck (armrests).

That said, I would imagine that 1990/1991 seats are not easy to come by.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good eye there, Tod! I totally missed that when I saw the new seats.
The arm rests can be eliminated, though. Pull the arem rests off, then the backrest covers. The material with the hole for the arm rest can be replaced using the material from the arm rest. The only piece that would have to be replaced would be from just above where the arm rest hole is now. All that would be seen is the seam where the material has been replaced, & since it's on the inside of the seat & down fairly low, most people would never see the difference.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good eye there, Tod! I totally missed that when I saw the new seats.
The arm rests can be eliminated, though. Pull the arem rests off, then the backrest covers. The material with the hole for the arm rest can be replaced using the material from the arm rest. The only piece that would have to be replaced would be from just above where the arm rest hole is now. All that would be seen is the seam where the material has been replaced, & since it's on the inside of the seat & down fairly low, most people would never see the difference.

1990 454SS seats are entirely different seats. Simply removing the armrests does not make them 454SS seats. See below...

You must be registered for see images

Not the best photo, but you can see the seatback has large bolsters. The entire frame, foam, and cover is different than the regular GM truck seat.

Last edited:

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I Got the red seat's out of a suburban both for $35.00 knowing they were not right.

Not bad for $35.00 for both seats.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this JET chip in a box, I think its for the 454, but It has less prongs then the factory chip. Am I missing something?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody know?

I know I have been promising to get to the BBQ454, but when people find out you just got done with a project, they start to circle like vulchers. I have to go work on a friends K-5 that stopped running.

Unless someone wants to see pictures of that.

But nobody is interested, Im sure.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of jet chips but here you go...

[h=3]JET Vehicle Application List[/h] Listed below are the vehicle applications that the JET Computer Chip | Stage 1 | Auto Transmission W/ Overdrive (Part # 29218), part fits.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1.800.535.1161
1992 CHEVROLET C1500 PICKUP V8 - 7.40L - L19
1992 CHEVROLET C2500 PICKUP V8 - 7.40L - L19
1992 CHEVROLET C3500 PICKUP V8 - 7.40L - L19
1992 CHEVROLET K2500 PICKUP V8 - 7.40L - L19
1992 CHEVROLET K3500 PICKUP V8 - 7.40L - L19

Year Make Model Engine

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
1990 454SS seats are entirely different seats. Simply removing the armrests does not make them 454SS seats. See below...

You must be registered for see images

Not the best photo, but you can see the seatback has large bolsters. The entire frame, foam, and cover is different than the regular GM truck seat.

Well, ther ya go! I learned something today. I've only been in one 454SS & at the time I was not concentrating on the seats. More like the noise from up front & the tires howling in torture from the rear. Ridin' shotgun, hangin' on!

Mercedes mechanic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of jet chips but here you go...

If you have any questions, please call us at 1.800.535.1161
Thanks for the info, I called, they said just bring the truck to them. Somehow they sold me the wrong one years ago.

They are over in Huntington Beach. So I am just going to take over there tomorrow or Monday.