My $300 95 Sierra Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Solid truck for 300 bucks, good luck with it, nice to see another 95 on here

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Meberhart

Reaction score
Alright, sorry for the leave of absence. On Christmas day i lost my mother so ive kinda been out of it. But on a brighter note i did order a few things for my truck. I ordered 2 flags i wanted to get, and 2 OEM ignition keys to replace the ignition key i have which is an aftermarket piece of crap. For Christmas i also did get a huge tool set so before i got the news about my mom i was outside pulling the ignition from the truck apart. I noticed that the spark plugs in the left bank were moist and the ones in the right were not. Mainly indicating that my issue is stemming from the left bank. Sometime by the end of the week i plan to make my way to sears to pick up a compression tester, to help find my missing cylinder.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, nice solid base to work with. Sorry for your loss....i know this pain all too well since mine passed away in september.

Meberhart

Reaction score
Ok so I started tearing down for the head gasket. I am only working in short bursts of an hour or so because it takes time to set up/clean up because im doing this outside. I was able to get the serpentine belt off, the alt. off and bolts for the throttle body out. Everything else was frozen so i hit it with some WD-40 and closed shop because it got too cold. I just ordered the head gasket hopefully the heads arent cracked when i do it.
You must be registered for see images attach

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Ok so I started tearing down for the head gasket. I am only working in short bursts of an hour or so because it takes time to set up/clean up because im doing this outside. I was able to get the serpentine belt off, the alt. off and bolts for the throttle body out. Everything else was frozen so i hit it with some WD-40 and closed shop because it got too cold. I just ordered the head gasket hopefully the heads arent cracked when i do it.

Glad to see you're making some progress on the truck. Working in the cold sucks, I know. I like to just pick away at stuff, slowly but surely. In fact I do that even in the summer, gives me time to take a good look at how everything goes together and works, and makes putting it back together that much easier. Any time I've been in a hurry to do something, I catch myself cutting corners, which isn't good practice.

Keep up the good work!

Meberhart

Reaction score
Warmed up over the weekend here and i attacked it some more. I got hung up at the Power Steering Pump Pulley and i snapped 2 Plenum bolts when i went to tear that off :). I ordered my Power Steering Pump Puller and im going to break out the compressor and drill those bolts out the best i can. Pictures to follow, this weekend.

Meberhart

Reaction score
Got the heads off yesterday. Diagnosis was right, cylinder 1-3 head gasket blown right in the middle. Heads being sent to machine stop tomorrow. Gaskets are already in so when i get the heads back i will start reassembly.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hopefully nothings warped or anything. 300Bucks is a real steal and can wait to see what happenes.