My $300 95 Sierra Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meberhart

Reaction score
Since im new here is a quick into. Im Matt, 16 from NY. I love my 95 Impala and lifted trucks, especially k10 silverados. Ive been looking for a truck for about 6 months as a project and I got wind of a 1995 GMC Sierra from a co-worker of mine. He used the truck to go mudding with. No major suspension work and she was rolling on 31s. I knew the truck was a beater, 257K on body and an est. 120K on motor and tranny. This guy goes through cars like the weather changes and before he could get rid of this truck the head gasket went. Or at least thats what he said. I told him a buddy of mine was getting an 88 F-150 and how excited i was for him and he said ill sell you my truck for $500, a week ago. I signed the paperwork on Monday, trucks mine for $300. Now i knew this ol' girl was rough but a little more then i thought. Windows dont work, HVAC doesnt work, no radio (cut harness), power locks dont work and came with one key. Despite all that i still managed to go through with the deal. Drove to his house which is about 3 miles from mine and i put some old plates on and started to drive her home. She got halfway home when she overheated and stalled in a CVS parking lot friday night. I left it in the parking lot and came back after work saturday morning and turned her right over and started on my way home, truck stalled 500ft from my house. i was able to get it started and get it actually in front of my house. I plan to get the motor running right and eventually lift it 6in. Once the truck was at my house i went through it, found almost nothing, i ran the Vin through Compnine and turns out this truck was a Z71 with almost every option available. Painted a 2-tone aqua and burgundy then yellow then rattle can flat black. I also want to sand it down and paint it flat black the proper way.

BTW the 31s in the bed of the truck are for sale, $250.
You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
first of all welcome! that doesn't look bad hell you can't beat 300 bones... looks like alot of potential

Sent from my static android

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Yeah shes rough, but with some work, he could be a decent offroad toy. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Welcome! This should be an interesting ride.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The windows and locks problem might be related the the fact that the drivers door switches are from a tahoe or suburban.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Can't beat $300 for a ride that gets you almost home!!! Most vehicles for $300 don't have tires or any drivetrain, nice find, and welcome to the site!!